Lavender Stems = Cherry Flavor?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drossi237

Reaction score
I remember reading quite sometime ago that using lavender stems (NOT flowers or leaves) would lend a cherry flavor to beer. Sounded weird to me. The info was interesting enough for me to file the factoid away in my brain. Now I'm interested in trying it out, but I can't find that information anywhere online, in chats, or in books to confirm my memory. So, perhaps I've learned a fact that is false...? I figured I'd ask the group here if any of you have heard/tried this?

I believe The Homebrewer’s Almanac talked about it. If I recall correctly using it as a sixty minute addition brings out cherry and vanilla.

Thank you! That may have been where I saw it. I'm planning my summer and fall brew sessions and was going to use it. I just haven't figured out where yet, so I thought I'd ask. I'll post the results once I have them.

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead, but I was wondering how it worked out?

Back