Witbier Largaarden Belgian Wit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've not done a witbier with those hops, so I don't know how they'd turn out. Could just try it and see.
Keep in mind that the orange flavor and aroma comes from the coriander seed; not the oranges. The bitter orange peel is more for bittering than flavor from my experience using it.

Larry, your videos have been super helpful for me as I get started homebrewing. I love witbiers and brewed the updated recipe a few days ago.

This was also my first time adjusting Mash pH! Turns out my unmodified pH would have been ~6.5, so I got some phosphoric to hit 5.4.

Brew day went well with my BIAB approach. Mash got a little high (max of 166) for a few minutes due to some negligence, but hovered around 150F for the rest.

Followed your yeast starter video and fermentation kicked off very strong! Looking forward to trying this beer in a few weeks.

Larry, your videos have been super helpful for me as I get started homebrewing. I love witbiers and brewed the updated recipe a few days ago.

This was also my first time adjusting Mash pH! Turns out my unmodified pH would have been ~6.5, so I got some phosphoric to hit 5.4.

Brew day went well with my BIAB approach. Mash got a little high (max of 166) for a few minutes due to some negligence, but hovered around 150F for the rest.

Followed your yeast starter video and fermentation kicked off very strong! Looking forward to trying this beer in a few weeks.
I hope it turns out well. Just concerned about the high mash temp killing the enzymes; especially the beta. Fingers crossed.

Fortunately I was able to stir the mash and get the temp back down very quickly. This also happened ~50 mins into the 90 min mash and only lasted a few mins. Will post back when ready to taste!

Latest posts

Back