Lagunitas IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally forgot to search the forum for other posts regarding this beer. Sunday I plan to taste it and i will leave my feedback here. Hopefully it will not turn out too ice tea like other members have reported.

Some have claimed that after the Heineken buyout their beers aren’t as good. That’s not my experience. If you have a fresh 6er that’s been cold stored throughout transport it should be a very good example of a good west coast IPA.

I wouldn't count on that 😅 I'm pretty sure it surely had some rough time getting here, but let's see

If you’re close to one of their breweries and you bought it from a store that moves it’s bottles fast you should be good. If you don’t meet both of those criteria, odds are it won’t be a shining example of what the brewery wants you to taste.

So all in all it's a nice round beer, i don't get any of the ice tea that some other user mentioned, but I think it lacks a bit of bitterness. I like IPA that a bit more bitter than this one not sure if it's due to transport or handling but I think that's just part of the beer profile.

Regarding flavor hops i also think it's a bit lackluster but that's due to the time it takes to get here and how it's handled.

But I wasn't disappointed with it, but it's not worth the asking price around here, we can't get cheaper and better beer than this one.

Back