Lagering and power went out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mook3527

Reaction score
I had just transfered to secondary, after a 3 day rest at room temp. I had in keezer at 46 degrees, and dropping, when power went out over night. The probe, which is in a glass of water, says 58 degrees. Is the temperature change over night a concern? Thanks

I don't have much expierence with lagers but it will probably be ok since primary fermentation is over and you are just getting the yeast to clean up. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Use it as an excuse to buy a generator!

Shouldn't be. If it was still fermenting, then a temperature change might stress the yeast and affect alcohol percent/carbonation, but it seems like you're past that point.

I am assuming the rest was a D-rest, which would bring the beer to its FG. After that, no problems with temp changes, ferm is done, it is just a matter of clearing the beer with time and cold.

Yea, it was. 3 day d-rest. Thanks for all the info, greatly appreciated. Hopefully my first lager comes out nice and clean!!!

Latest posts

Back