Lager in corny or better bottle 5 gal secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyPolock

Reaction score
So I am getting close to going into the lager phase of my first lager beer. I was wondering what people think of lagering in either my 5 gallon better bottle carboy or just transfer it straight into my corny keg? If I should use the corny keg should I transfer to a fresh keg after the planned 2 months of lagering?

I know that I will raise my fermenter temp up about 10 degrees for about 2 days for a diaceytl rest, then drop the temp by about 2 degrees a day until I get to my lagering temp before I do the transfer. If there is anything else that I am missing in this process as well let me know as this is my first lager attempt.

It doesn't matter if you lager in a corny or in a carboy. I've done both. Whatever you prefer is fine. You don't have to transfer to a new keg when the lagering is finished, but you can if you want to. It'll be fine to serve out of the same keg.

Back