Lag time for 3711 French Saison.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewingTravisty

Reaction score
I'm just curious what the average lag time for Wyeast 3711 is. I pitched it 24 hours ago, no starter, into a 1.033 wort. It's still showing no signs. While the other beer I pitched at the same time with US-05 is happily chugging away. The temp of the saison is 68°f right now. Should I warm it up? Or should I just stop worrying about it? Lol

You should stop worrying. The yeast will do it's thing in it's own time. There is a sticky that says, "Yeast came take between 24 and 72 hours to begin to show visible signs."

Realyl varies depending on the vaible cell count, OG of the wort, fermentation temp, and yeast strain itself. If you just pitched a vial vs a dry pouch, im guessing the dry pouch had a lot more healthy cells hence the reduced lag.

Im guessing its in a bucket? Try shining a high powered flashlight on the top and mayb you can get a glimpse of some krausen to ease your mind. Either way, step away from the fermentor

You should stop worrying. The yeast will do it's thing in it's own time. There is a sticky that says, "Yeast came take between 24 and 72 hours to begin to show visible signs."

Yeah I've read that xD this is the first brew in months so I'm just being a mother hen to it I guess xP

I just was surprised because all I hear about 3711 is that its a beast. I've got it in the closet now, after raising the temp a bit and wrapping it in a blanket to keep it cosy. So I'll just try to set it and forget it for a bit. I still have to add the Brett to it, but I want to give the yeast a headstart.

Realyl varies depending on the vaible cell count, OG of the wort, fermentation temp, and yeast strain itself. If you just pitched a vial vs a dry pouch, im guessing the dry pouch had a lot more healthy cells hence the reduced lag.

Im guessing its in a bucket? Try shining a high powered flashlight on the top and mayb you can get a glimpse of some krausen to ease your mind. Either way, step away from the fermentor

Yeah that's kind of the answer I was expecting lol I've got it put in my closet wrapped in a blanket to hopefully keep it in the low 70s until the yeast do their thing. I'll try to set it and forget it for a bit. I checked the date of the package and its about 5 months old so I'm guessing the cell count is low.

Latest posts

Back