Labels from Boerderij Kabouter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newest one is still in development. I would appreciate any feedback... thanks.

Pumpkin_King.png

perhaps the best movie of all time = great label. also, i really like the title of Blonde Upon A Time, it's very clever.

I am brewing Orfy's Mild Mannered ale tomorrow, but with Willamette hops subbed for the fuggles. I will be brewing on a frozen lake while ice fishing and watching the sunrise.

I give you, Frozen Dawn American Mild Ale

Frozen_Dawn_Mild.png

Your labels are outstanding! The more modern-looking ones aren't my favorites, but all of these are amazing.

Damn BK, looking good. Better be careful - I might have to hire you to design some labels for me when I'm back in Milwaukee in April :)

hey man your logos are awesome!.. i saw that ya used the inkscape and ive been trying to work with it to make some of my owe but end up getting frustrating as hell, any tips?

This is very much in development. I don't even know if I like the name. Suggestions? Changes in direction? Open to anything here...

The_Queens_Crown.png

UPDATE:

I think this is WAY better.

The%20Queens%20Crown_small.png

and the tap handle version.

The%20Queens%20Crown_Tap_small.png

Looks great! I especially like the tap handle. How does it look on the bottle? I ask because it looks like it will wrap around it pretty well, so if you're looking for an idea, maybe you could try a version with the name stacked (minimize "the") so it can be read without having to turn the bottle?

Love the concept but I think you could aford to lose the green colour of the hop and just keep the shape. That of its the diference in focus between the gnome image and the hop omage that throws it off. It's hard to put a finger on it...

I like it. Maybe increase the transparency of the text on the right and outline the bottom text to give it a bit more pop.

At this stage its just nit-picking for the sake of it really. It's far better than anything I could come up with...

No way, keep it coming. Your critiques are great. Sometimes it is really hard to see faults with your own work. I feel like this labels needs things yet, and your suggestions are really helping!

I was worried about the bottom texts washing out the hop pile. It does have an outline now, just at 36% transparency.

I'll try fiddling with the text on the right.

I really like it too. I agree the text on the bottom is hard to make out, due to the color. Maybe if it was outlined like the text on the left?? Really looks nice. I wish I had talent to stuff like that.

OK. I updated with your suggestions (king of :D). What do you think. I think fading the text really brought the focus to the Kabouter, and lengthens the label which is what I was trying to get to in the first place.

the hat needs some kind of brim, so the transition from hat to head is more defined. it looks too much like a cut up pic of a hop cone as is. other that that love the label. and the several that came before it. :rockin:

Agree with the brim suggestion. I don't know anything about this stuff, but I really like how the light is palying on both the hat and the gnome. Everything looks really good.

Maybe darken the dutch triple ipa a bit more. It's good now but I think it could use just a slight more of a bump out from the hops. You could even do bit more of an outline around the letters. Whichever you want.

I think I am calling it done too. Danika said the hat looked a bit like a Pope hat, and it does, but I don't know if I am going to spend the time to draw a custom hop hat...

Oh well. Look in the above post to see the tap handle for the Hop Kabouter.

lookin good. maybe you can strech the hop image (shorter and wider) if you want to make it less pope-ish, but i like it as it is. :mug:

Back