Kveik questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshua Hughes

Reaction score
I’ve done 3 brews with Kveik but have questions to branch out a little. I have Voss and I keep the slurry to reuse. I am still waiting on bottle conditioning for 2 of them, the only one I’ve had was my IPA with I loved. I read every post on Kveik I could find.

1. Even though this is rated 77-104 f can I ferment lower at room temp? Effects on speed and flavor?
  2. I have over pitched every brew with this, is that why I have chucks?
  3. Do I need to worry much about the citrus type flavors clashing with hops such as Goldings and the German type hops?
  4. How many times do you use the same slurry? 3 times?
  5. what about lower alcohol beers? Under 5%. I’ve never used nutrients. do I have to?

Last edited:
I can only answer a couple of your questions. I can't speak directly to Voss but if it's anything like Hornindal, you probably can't ferment at room temp. See my log below. The gravity (red line) bottomed out for a day or so until I ramped up the temp (blue line). As for lower alcohol beers, I wouldn't think you'd need nutrients unless you're really going low.

1592417260738.png

Latest posts

Back