Kuhnhenn winter solstice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not bad for a beer that's almost a decade old.

Wife asked the guy in warren tap room what kind of beers the 9 and Heathen were and he hadn't the slightest clue. I had to tell her for him.

Sad to see how slow it is in here. Granted I know the main party is at CT it's still weird.

The DRIPA tastes awful. Almost medicinal. Jesus Christ. Did this beer ever have Belgian yeast? Regardless, if it did they dialed it up a lot on this batch.
What they did to that beer is a god damned shame. When it was good, I'd take fresh DRIPA over any of these turbid IPAs that the kids love these days.

Omg

So I decided to buy bottles. They aren't even selling 2016 bbbw or 4D they're from 2014/2015 respectively.

Everytime I think I've seen it all they continue to shock me.

I guess looking at the eventbrite they didn't really specify but I'm pretty sure people were expecting new batches

Omg

So I decided to buy bottles. They aren't even selling 2016 bbbw or 4D they're from 2014/2015 respectively.

I guess looking at the eventbrite they didn't really specify but I'm pretty sure people were expecting new batches
It seems reasonable to assume they're new batches unless otherwise stated.

Weren't those 14/15 batches less than stellar to begin with?

Omg

Probably just using old labels. A hallmark of a good brewery.

No I asked the guy he said it's for sure vintage bottles. (At this point I'm not sure how reliable of a source that is)

Additionally, the 4D is labeled as 2015 and we just cracked one and it's definitely not 4D. Whatever it is it isn't 4D.

We even asked the bartender to taste it and he thought it was Sherry barrel 9 haha

Omg

Can you snap some pics of the bottles?

I'm gonna be passing through Warren next week. There seems to be some ire for these guys lately. Is it worth a stop with a car full of kids?

damn. i really enjoyed bb4d but i'm assuming it's not typically available. any other brewpubs up that way you'd recommend?
Detroit with kids, do Hopcat. Plenty of food and beer choices. May have to wait a bit. Or Jolly Pumpkin.

Not a lot of good places for the combo of beer and kids in this area.

Back