Komos V2 Kegerator, compressor not coming on, it is making the clicking noise but is not coming on

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed the 3 and 1. No sparks, but same patterns of turning on compressor for a few seconds and then clicking off. :(

I got a new multimeter with current clamp today (only $15 from Harbor Freight). As suspected when the kegerator starts it is drawing high current 8.2-8.7 A. This is higher than the 7.24 rated listed here but doesn’t seem to crazy. The problem is it is not dropping down to the lower running amp (0.8 A attached tag)
https://lightcommercialrefrigeration.danfoss.com/pdf/danfoss_B60C5BL_R600a_115_60.pdf
So I’ve checked everything on the wiring diagram except the control board. Does anyone think that could be causing the issue or is compressor done? Again, according to the pin resistance things are in spec. They sell a new control board for $20, so that would be a cheap repair, but not sure it has anything to do with dropping the current.

The only other thing I could probably do is by pass the controller. I’m guessing it is under this white plastic cover? (See pic) but it’s hard to remove with this skinny copper wire touching/blocking it. Wanted to get more info before attempting that is I’m not sure I can remove without breaking something and the copper wire is connected to the compressor.

Attachments

• 7B3E061F-D803-4743-938A-95AEFF7F2052.jpeg
    7B3E061F-D803-4743-938A-95AEFF7F2052.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
  • F8856091-4C48-45AE-8A26-82F91B47E080.jpeg
    F8856091-4C48-45AE-8A26-82F91B47E080.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • 69CC97C0-786C-455A-AA13-1E66F2C867AC.jpeg
    69CC97C0-786C-455A-AA13-1E66F2C867AC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
@DrOBeer sorry about the delay, please see the attached pdf file with the repair instructions as well as the part to purchase.

Attachments

• Komos Kegerator Repair CO from SB.pdf
    556.9 KB · Views: 17
Hey @TsunamiMike thanks for sharing that. I tried that part and also a higher amp rated 3 in 1 (410 model) and had the same result. High amps being pulled compressor not starting. I noticed in the instructions the note about the red/white wires. Mine had the white wire on top (opposite of the instructions). I wonder if that could have damaging anything or if others have the same inverted wiring? I confirmed red should have been on top according to the wiring diagram. I'm not sure which is "hot" vs "neutral". The wiring diagram only says (C) for common for the red wire after going through the circuit board.

Attachments

• IMG_0895.jpg
    IMG_0895.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0754.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg
    623.8 KB · Views: 4
Hey, just got a replacement kegerator as the last Komos made a ton of noise. The new one did not make the weird noises the last did, i swapped the tower and everything over and it worked great for a few days and then the compressor started making a high pitched noise and I looked at the troubleshooting manual online and it said to unplug it for 3-5 minutes and plug it back in. Once I did that the compressor has never gone back on.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or had similar issues?

I am having some issues with this. Did you ever get any solution to the issue?

Hey, just got a replacement kegerator as the last Komos made a ton of noise. The new one did not make the weird noises the last did, i swapped the tower and everything over and it worked great for a few days and then the compressor started making a high pitched noise and I looked at the troubleshooting manual online and it said to unplug it for 3-5 minutes and plug it back in. Once I did that the compressor has never gone back on.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or had similar issues?
Hey so I know this is an old thread but it's one of the only ones I could find regarding this issue. I've found a solution that maybe able to help others on here. My Komos kegerator was having the same problem where the compressor and/or fan would not turn on. I'd unplug it and when I'd plug it back in I would here a couple clicks and that was it. The LED display would then just show "EE." I took a look though everything on the back of the unit with finding any problems.

Then by chance I decided to take a look at the controls and display on the front of the unit. If you open the door and look directly up on the underneath of the front of the unit you should find 3 screws. Remover those and the plate and you will see the back of the control panel. There is one wire cluster with a harness that plugs into the control panel. In my case this had somehow loosened slightly. After reconnecting this wire fully I haven't had any issues.

Hope this helps someone!

Hey so I know this is an old thread but it's one of the only ones I could find regarding this issue. I've found a solution that maybe able to help others on here. My Komos kegerator was having the same problem where the compressor and/or fan would not turn on. I'd unplug it and when I'd plug it back in I would here a couple clicks and that was it. The LED display would then just show "EE." I took a look though everything on the back of the unit with finding any problems.

Then by chance I decided to take a look at the controls and display on the front of the unit. If you open the door and look directly up on the underneath of the front of the unit you should find 3 screws. Remover those and the plate and you will see the back of the control panel. There is one wire cluster with a harness that plugs into the control panel. In my case this had somehow loosened slightly. After reconnecting this wire fully I haven't had any issues.

Hope this helps someone!
Great spot to post your detective work and fix so others can find it!

Glad you were able to get it back up and running, or cooling.

Back