kegsmith thread adapter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiiman3893

Reaction score
I'm trying to make a sparkling water set-up for my wife that uses less plastic than our current one. At the moment, we have two 2 liter bottles with the carbonator cap and a 5lb CO2 tank. I chill the water, then force carbonate it as you'd expect.

The Kegsmith system (Premium Draft CO2 Keg System) seems to be an ideal solution for me, but it uses a 16g threaded CO2 cartridge. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to adapt that unit to work with my 5lb CO2 tank. Those cartridges make for some pretty expensive water, so it would be ideal if I could use my existing equipment. I have a two-stage regulator that I can use to create the right pressure I just need a way to hook it up.

Why not just get a small corny keg? Torpedo kegs come in small sizes, and you can get a faucet and adapter for the post.

Keg Faucet Adapter Assembly - Ball Lock

1619112430046.png

That's a solid idea. I didn't realize how small a 1.5 gallon torpedo keg really is, and it has everything I'm looking for. Just ordered a set of stainless steel connectors and the keg, should make for a good set-up with less overall waste!

Thank you!

And now you have set off down the road of kegging. I probably should have warned you, it can be addictive. I have kegged soda, beer, mead, wine, cider and the latest, countrytime strawberry lemonade, it was great! Of course, I know own way more kegs than I used to.....

I usually buy from Adventures in Homebrewing, but their 1.75 gallon is out of stock, and I assumed you were looking for something small.

Back