kegsmith thread adapter

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

wiiman3893

Reaction score
I'm trying to make a sparkling water set-up for my wife that uses less plastic than our current one. At the moment, we have two 2 liter bottles with the carbonator cap and a 5lb CO2 tank. I chill the water, then force carbonate it as you'd expect.

The Kegsmith system (Premium Draft CO2 Keg System) seems to be an ideal solution for me, but it uses a 16g threaded CO2 cartridge. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to adapt that unit to work with my 5lb CO2 tank. Those cartridges make for some pretty expensive water, so it would be ideal if I could use my existing equipment. I have a two-stage regulator that I can use to create the right pressure I just need a way to hook it up.

OP
W

wiiman3893

Reaction score
That's a solid idea. I didn't realize how small a 1.5 gallon torpedo keg really is, and it has everything I'm looking for. Just ordered a set of stainless steel connectors and the keg, should make for a good set-up with less overall waste!

Thank you!

TheBluePhantom

Brewing for sport
Reaction score
And now you have set off down the road of kegging. I probably should have warned you, it can be addictive. I have kegged soda, beer, mead, wine, cider and the latest, countrytime strawberry lemonade, it was great! Of course, I know own way more kegs than I used to.....

I usually buy from Adventures in Homebrewing, but their 1.75 gallon is out of stock, and I assumed you were looking for something small.