Kegging without a fridge...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarFromBilly

Reaction score
I have been debating kegging my beers and trying to get away from the constant drone of bottles, caps, etc...

My problem is, I am in a small apartment with minimal space and funds, but am willing to try invest so I can save time and such.

I do not have a designated fridge. I was first of all wondering can the beer be force carbonated at room temperature, or does it need carbonated below room temperature?

Second, if it can be done, can I fill growlers, to put in my fridge, or bottles to share, from a room temperature keg.

If a topic like this was already addressed, could someone please forward me a link to the thread.

I have been debating kegging my beers and trying to get away from the constant drone of bottles, caps, etc...

My problem is, I am in a small apartment with minimal space and funds, but am willing to try invest so I can save time and such.

I do not have a designated fridge. I was first of all wondering can the beer be force carbonated at room temperature, or does it need carbonated below room temperature?

You can force carb at room temp. It's a bit tougher to dial in, but it can be done.

Second, if it can be done, can I fill growlers, to put in my fridge, or bottles to share, from a room temperature keg.

Only if you like lots and lot and lots of foam. Maybe I should say "all foam" because that's what you'll get. I'm afraid that you're going to have to wait until you have a place to chill your keg(s).

That's not what you wanted to hear, but I'd rather not give you false hope and cause you to needlessly spend a bunch of money on gear only to end up frustrated.

That is what I was afraid of... I figured at the very least I could naturally carbonate the beer in a keg, like I do in my bottles, only on a bigger scale. I would just have to shorten the liquid out, so I am not sucking off the yeast bed. I just won't be able to get past the "no-chill" barrier...

Latest posts

Back