Kegging Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cleinen

Reaction score
If I am going to keg a batch how do I do it? Do I just siphon it from the fermentor into the keg? Do I add priming sugar at all and then does the keg need to be refrigerated? Sorry for the simple questions but trying to figure out the difference between bottling and kegging and what I need room for to do kegging.

If I am going to keg a batch how do I do it? Do I just siphon it from the fermentor into the keg? Do I add priming sugar at all and then does the keg need to be refrigerated? Sorry for the simple questions but trying to figure out the difference between bottling and kegging and what I need room for to do kegging.

yup, just siphon from your fermenter to your keg. you can add priming sugar or you can just carb with co2, some people will even do a little of both. you can let your beer condition in the keg before putting it on gas in the fridge or at room temp. there's LOTS of options with kegging. check out the bottling/kegging section of the forum, you'll get a lot of good info there

You can prime your keg if you wish. Hit it with some gas to seal the lid and keep it in a warm place for a few weeks, just like bottles.

The nice thing about kegging is that you can purge the keg with CO2 before racking and eliminate any potential oxidation issues. Also, there's no reason to prime it, I just let it carbonate from the tank.

Latest posts

Back