Kegging problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mknox4354

Reaction score
So I got a kegerator setup now out of my sanyo 4912 with perlick 575s. I kegged it last Tuesday and decided to give it a try. When I did the beer came out foamy and really fast. I poured Another glass just to make sure it wasn't just the first glass. I only set the regulator to 10 and that was going off the chart. The fridge is about 36 degrees and I have a fan blowing into the tower. The beer is a Sierra nevada clone. Any insight to what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated. This is the first tome I have ever kegged a beer

So I got a kegerator setup now out of my sanyo 4912 with perlick 575. I kegged it last Tuesday and decided to give it a try. When I did the beer came out and really fast. I only set the regulator to 10 and that was going off the chart. The fridge is about 36 degrees and I have a fan blowing into the tower. The beer is a Sierra nevada clone. Any insight to what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated. This is the first tome I have ever kegged a beer

My first guess is that your lines are too short. If you have 8-10' lines, you would be all set.

Yooper said:
My first guess is that your lines are too short. If you have 8-10' lines, you would be all set.

I got it from keg cowboy and they definitely aren't that long. Any way around this besides getting longer lines. I guess I wouldn't want to drop the co2 anymore

JonK331 said:
Try turning down the gas first. Then lengthen your lines if that doesn't work.

If I turn the gas down is that going to hurt my carbonation alot? What do you think I should turn it down to?

So why do they sell hoses at this length if they are going to be a problem

Some people add epoxy mixers in the dip tube to create the same resistance as longer lines. Do a search for the cure to short hose troubles.

BWN said:
Some people add epoxy mixers in the dip tube to create the same resistance as longer lines. Do a search for the cure to short hose troubles.

Thanks alot BWN I actually looked this up and already ordered some. Hope it works. Thanks again

But, then you'll have to turn the gas back up after serving because the beer will go flat.

Well sure but at least you can get some beer down the gullet in the meantime. Sometimes getting some headspace in the keg can help too.

Latest posts

Back