Kegging newb question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CADETS3

Reaction score
I have found myself in a little bit of a screw up. I went to keg my first batch, I filled up my keg with beer and pressured it up to 30psi. However, I unplugged the co2 line for a week instead of leaving it plugged in. I tried the quick and dirty way to get my beer carbonated but it just doesn't taste good. What should I do at this moment? Restart the 1 week 30 psi method? The beer just tastes like it's not ready.

I have found myself in a little bit of a screw up. I went to keg my first batch, I filled up my keg with beer and pressured it up to 30psi. However, I unplugged the co2 line for a week instead of leaving it plugged in. I tried the quick and dirty way to get my beer carbonated but it just doesn't taste good. What should I do at this moment? Restart the 1 week 30 psi method? The beer just tastes like it's not ready.

The only thing kegging with force carbonation effects is carbonation level. Is this "not ready" taste carbonation related or otherwise?

Either way, if you are not in a hurry and the keg is at serving temp, set the regulator to you planned serving pressure and leave it for a couple of days. Sample once a day after that.

If you are in a hurry, whack it to 30 PSI, leave it chilled and on the gas. Tomorrow, turn off the gas, purge with the relief vale and test.

Back