kegging help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zmurda

Reaction score
ive been kegging my beers for about 6 months now. the only problem i have is that i dont get the bite i like from kegging. i usually do about 40 psi for about 24 hours then start drinking. shuld i do it for longer to get the bite i want like they have in bottles? plz help thx?

I would try doing some forced carbonation. Just crank the co2 up to 40 like you do turn your keg on its side and roll it back and forth for like 2 or 3 mins, sit up and let off the pressure, and rest it at the serving pressure for 24 hours you should be good.

I would try doing some forced carbonation. Just crank the co2 up to 40 like you do turn your keg on its side and roll it back and forth for like 2 or 3 mins, sit up and let off the pressure, and rest it at the serving pressure for 24 hours you should be good.

He is force carbing. Anytime you use co2 instead of priming sugar, you are force carbing.

Try 3 days @ 30psi then 1/2 day @ 12 psi. Or set it at serving pressure and wait 2 weeks

Back