Kegging from ss brewtech chronical with raspberries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bvfbrewing

Reaction score
I made a raspberry tart using Philly sour and 4lbs of frozen raspberries, 5 gallon batch. The yeast was dumped on day 11 then whole frozen raspberries were added to the chronical for 2 weeks. Tonight I did a pressure transfer into a 5 gallon corny and it was a mess about 1/2 through, raspberry chunks flowing into the keg and clogging the drip tube. I was able to unclog and continue until it happened more frequently and ultimately I gave up. There was more beer that I would have liked to collect but I started getting to frustrated and stopped. How do I go about avoiding this in the future? I did not cold crash this beer, usually I cold crash in the keg because my refrigerators don’t fit the chronical. Would this have helped? Suggestions advice?? Thanks all!

I took a deep breath and went back down to see how much beer was left over, it was minimal and the raspberries are over the racking arm, so even with a cold crash the raspberries would have been above the arm. How is everyone solving this with fruited beer?

Back