Kegging ? Can you half fill a corney????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKHomebrew

Reaction score
Hi,

We are new to homebrew, i see that kegging seems to be the way to go instead of dealling with bottles, i do have a big ? can you rack a 5 gal corney with 2.5 or 3 gal and then bottle the rest? i do realize you have to change the % of priming sugar but I am wondering how the beer will react to being in the keg half full.

I am looking for any input, so far I love this hobby

:mug::ban:

Take a moment grasshopper and ponder this....You fill the keg full (5 gallons). You then drink 2.5 gallons of it. What's left? 2.5 gallons of beer.

Yes, you can fill the keg half way, then bottle the rest. OR...you can put it all in the keg, carb it, then bottle from the keg.

You can force carb, or naturally carb that choice is up to you. Use the search function up top and search out "we no need no stinkin beer gun" for a cheap DIY bottle filler.

I do it all the time. I brew 12.5 Gallons at a time so every batch gives me 2 and a half kegs. I use the half filled ones first.

dp

Take a moment grasshopper and ponder this....You fill the keg full (5 gallons). You then drink 2.5 gallons of it. What's left? 2.5 gallons of beer.

If a keg is tapped, and there's no one around to drink it, is it really tapped?

..nevermind, BlindLemonLars said it already in the first response. :)

Back