Kegging a Brut IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VVbrewery

Reaction score
I really want to brew a Brut IPA but part of the style is high carbonation. I have a two tap kegerator but only one regulator and CO2 line and generally carb and serve around 12PSI which wouldn't get it "spritzy" enough. I was thinking about adding enough corn sugar when kegging it to get the high carbonation, let it carb naturally for a couple weeks and serving at the usual 12PSI. Will this work or will it just lose the extra carbonation when under the lower pressure?

Thanks

The carbonation will fall as the keg empties and the head space increases, but you could theoretically give that keg a periodic "re-charge" at higher pressure (disconnect the other keg first) to get it back up to snuff...

Cheers!

The carbonation will fall as the keg empties and the head space increases, but you could theoretically give that keg a periodic "re-charge" at higher pressure (disconnect the other keg first) to get it back up to snuff...

Cheers!

That's what I thought would happen. I also wonder if I'd have foaming issues if I didn't increase the beer line length on that tap.

Latest posts

Back