kegerators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithw44

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the proper area for posting apologize if it is was wondering what brand kegerators people are using out there i dont want to make one out of a freezer or refrigerator want to just buy one ready to go have enough projects going on. I was looking at the haier HBF05EBSS-NK-2 its a dual tap tower has gotten good reviews an seems pretty reasonable price compared to other brands was lookng at danby also not great reviews. any input from experiencedpeople out there?

Thanks!

I have a Kenmore kegerator. They are not cheap. Wife got an awesome Black Friday deal 8(?) years ago on it. When I started home brewing it was an easy switch to a two tap tower. I don't think they have the same model anymore. I think the newer ones have a stainless (or fake stainless) door, as mine is all black. I would surely reccomend it. Never a problem and still chills like the day we bought it. I do see them a lot on Craigs list around me. Might be the way to go.

The Sears site has a lot of keggers, even some with dual taps.

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

Here's mine on the right.

Kegerators.jpg

I have a Beverage Air BM23 SS. This is the all Stainless Steel model with the optional 3 tap tower. I just got it and am new to all of this but I should enjoy it.

It was one of those things that I wanted for a long time and finally stumbled across a deal. I found it on a local auction site and bought it for $206. That is with a 20# CO2 Cylinder, Dual Regulators, a US San Key Coupler, a German Slider Keg Coupler and some strange chiller system for soda.

The only thing wrong with it was it needed a good cleaning. Being Stainless it cleaned up really nice. It also needed a new relay/overload on the compressor. She is running like a champ now. Total cost so far $246.

I have a couple buddies that own a beer distributor company. They said to stop by on Friday and they are going to replace all the lines, faucets and hook me up with some tap handles. It should be a pretty good system when all is said and done. The Beverage Air is a little bigger inside than some of the other small systems out there. I can fit 4 cornelius kegs in this unit.

I guess the one thing I would say to keep in mind is to watch what comes with the fridge and keep in mind that it a lot of times this isn't a turn key system. You will still likely need a CO2 tank , regulator and keg couplers. You may not need all of them but ask. For new stuff you are going to look at about $100 for a 5# CO2 tank, $50-70 Regulator, couplers are $35-80 depending on what you want. I would say they rarely come with couplers as they don't know what you are planning on putting in the fridge so it doesn't make sense. If you are going dual you need one for each. You may also need some lines but that is cheap so I wouldn't worry about that as much. Oh don't forget about the beer line cleaning kit. I think they are about $50.

So when shopping look at what comes with it and adjust your price keeping in mind what is actually needed to start using it. This will help you identify what the best deal is as you could come across what looks like a sweet deal but needs another $200-$300 in accessories to get to the point where you can pour your first beer.

Thanks for both your input i was looking at the beverage factory site when you order they give you the option of 2 different taps one is standard included in price however i want a u system tap for magners cider and a ball lock for cornelius kegs for the cider im making. it also comes with a 5lb co tank and different options for chrome of stainless towers ever category has one thats included in price and any upgrade or changes increase the price so 480 will be around 600 prob with the u system tap being 55$ going to look at sears site now. thanks again!

sennister is the 60.00$ for this auction site really worth it? i'm leary about giving my CC info and stuff to this site seems kinda wierd how cheap things are selling for on here almost un-trustable?

I am also ready to buy a fully loaded dual tap kegorator. I have been searching for deals and the only decent one I found is from kegconnection.com I am waiting for a Black Friday price quote from them. Their sale begins at 9 Central tonite.

Let me know if you come up with anything or what you think of this deal.

Sheldon

sennister is the 60.00$ for this auction site really worth it? i'm leary about giving my CC info and stuff to this site seems kinda wierd how cheap things are selling for on here almost un-trustable?

Which auction site??? I don't see a link or anything.

I bought my Bev Air from a local auction site. Auction can be a good way to go if there is something good out there. Like I said I picked up mine for $206. I think I won it at $174 but after auction fees and tax my out the door price was a little higher. I had to use a CC to register for the auction site but they only did a test charge of something like $0.01 to make sure the card was valid. I also know several people that have bought things from them so I knew they were legit. It can be a risk when you have to do more of a charge to set up an account. In my case I didn't know if the kegerator would work for sure (and it needed a new relay in the end) but I didn't bid it up so high that it wasn't at least an OK deal for the 20# CO2 tank, Dual Regulators. If it worked out that it was dead and not cost effective to repair I would have bought a freezer and converted that as a conversion kit would have run me a few hundred anyhow.

I have seen legit auction sites that have registration fees but I choose not to do business with them. I am not going to spend that much to have the privilege to bid on their stuff. Well maybe if there was something I really wanted but other than that I wouldn't.

I clicked on your first post where aution site was highlighted orange and it lead me to quibids.com which was 60$ to regster and every bid costs .60 and if you lose the auction they offer you buy it now deal and take the amount you bid towards the item of the buy it now price. I thinking im going to buy the Haier off beveragefactory.com

I clicked on your first post where aution site was highlighted orange and it lead me to quibids.com which was 60$ to regster and every bid costs .60 and if you lose the auction they offer you buy it now deal and take the amount you bid towards the item of the buy it now price. I thinking im going to buy the Haier off beveragefactory.com

Hmm, that is odd. I don't see any links that I posted. This is the auction house where I bought my kegerator.

Smith Sales

They only had the one unit. I don't know anything about that other auction site so I won't vouch for anything there. I think you have a good plan with going with a vendor. If you are going with a new unit I wouldn't gamble.

I just got back from the beer distributor and we test fitted some kegs looking into what will fit. The unit I have will hold 4 sixth barrel. Which means it will easily hold 4 cornies or any combination of cornies and sixths. He also pointed out that if I added a shelf in the back I could put a 1/4 barrel back there and still have room for a couple sixths/cornies. Or we test fitted a couple euro kegs. He has some that is a little smaller than a 1/4 barrel. They might be the 30L. I think the diameter was smaller but they were a little taller. Anyhow that and the combo of the Sixth and Cornie might be a good option. In the mean time he is going through everything, replacing all the faucets and lines. He asked when I needed it back and I said no rush. I still need to figure out what I want to fill it with. He also mentioned he might have some soda kegs that I can have. Hmmm, decisions, decisions, decisions.....

Latest posts

Back