Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llain

Reaction score
I just purchased a fridge today for my cornies. Fits 2 cornies perfectly. Found it hard to get one thats fits two cornies. The thermostat inside the fridge got into the way. I managed to find a fridge that has the theromstat on the outside. Plan to make my kegerator tomorrow. Can anyone post me pics of their kegerator to give me ideas of what way I should go about making it. I have attached photos of the fridge.

DSC00075.jpg

Dsc00077.jpg

Thanks
Niall

Many things will be similar to any of the sanyo 4912 conversions.

Your challenge will be to locate any refrigerent coils on the top of (or anywhere you drill or cut) the unit. Make use of the Corn starch and alcohol method to do this and you should be fine.

Example:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=19762

There are probably 8-9 threads like this. John Beere has one as well.

How big is your CO2 tank? I don't have a tap tower yet, but my Sanyo works pretty well. I had to keep my 30 pound CO2 tank on the outside and run the lines from the back.

The pics in my link below show how I ran the gas and mounted the manifold.

For what it's worth, I still use picnic taps and just open the fridge to serve. It's in my workshop so no need for presentation aesthetics yet....but soon...very soon...

What brand/model is that?

Its a Hotpoint model RLAV21W.

There is plenty of room at the back for a 5# CO2 tank but unfortunately I have a large CO2 tank which is about 3'-0" tall. It will need to be placed outside.
Thanks for the replies and the links. Good information. I will keep you posted of the build.
My better half won't let me keep it in the house until we get a house extension. It will be located in the shed:(

There are "usually" no coils on the top of those mini fridges, but I make no promises. However, from the picture, it looks like the temp controller is on the top so you want to be very careful of the wires for that if you're drilling through the top for a tower. At least it looks like the temp controller, it's kind of hard to tell for sure in the pic.:eek:

llain said:
...There is plenty of room at the back for a 5# CO2 tank but unfortunately I have a large CO2 tank which is about 3'-0" tall. It will need to be placed outside...
I have a Sanyo also and keep a 5# in behind the cornies. I thought about placing mine outside and running one hose to a manifold then opted not to.

Just a thought, you may want to think about building a small box to hold your larger tank behind the fridge and build a dolly to place your fridge on. This way when it's full you can move it easily if you have to. It also raises the height of your taps.;)

However, from the picture, it looks like the temp controller is on the top so you want to be very careful of the wires for that if you're drilling through the top for a tower. At least it looks like the temp controller, it's kind of hard to tell for sure in the pic

That is the temp controller on the top. I was considering trying to take the the top cover off to see were the wires are. Only a thought. Don't even know if taking the cover off is possible!

Just a thought, you may want to think about building a small box to hold your larger tank behind the fridge and build a dolly to place your fridge on. This way when it's full you can move it easily if you have to. It also raises the height of your taps.

Now thats given me ideas:)

Back