Kegerator for $69 - too good to be true?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpham574

Reaction score
My buddy sent me this after he saw it posted in a homebrew group:

https://www.tgmhung.top/collections/best-cooler

I was driving when he sent it to me and I’ve been looking for something like this so I jumped on it. It wasn’t until I got home and was like oh ****...

Shopify seems legit, the site used https, but in the confirmation email it said if you have any questions to email [email protected]

Is it time for me to contact my credit card company??

WOW, just WOW....

upload_2019-5-9_22-38-55.png

Reminds me of an Ebay seller who had cheap router bits, the one's I never got, but with Ebay I was refunded. Citi is a hammer when it comes to reversing charges...

So I ordered this thing. The tracking number they have me indicates that it has been sitting at a level 2 processing center in the US since 5/9. I'm trying to figured out if I got scammed or if it just taking a long time to get through customs.

Cheeseman42
Same thing here, but mine has been there as of May 30,
I talked to my buddy who is post master in my town
He said packages from China can take 6-8 weeks to get to us cause of customs ect, I gave them my tracking number to do further research

Well it is good to hear there still may be hope.
I tried using the tracking number on the USPS website, but it said it is untrackable. However, it acknowledges that it is a package from China. Maybe I'll go into a brick and mortar office, and see what they can tell me.

Update us one way or another. They’ve still got it listed $59 on their website. If these are the real deal I’ll order one, or 2

My tracking says between the 4-7 it will
Be here but their customer service says it’s been delivered which is weird.......

So let’s all hope for the best

I just went back to the post office talked with the post master who is my neighbor and my package was sent to a guy in In California.... delivered today!!

If you have a CC with price match benefits it might be worth it to buy from a reputable source and then have your CC price match to this website.

You get the runaround through various delays until it's too late to dispute the payment. Yes, scam.

But that 138$ 65" OLED TV looks tempting...

PS, Welcome all you new members who joined just to post in this thread... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:goat:

I don’t know what was delivered my neighbor is the post master so I had him scan it and run the tracking to find out something was delivered
I already went to the bank, I live in a small town maybe 3500 people when busy...::
So yeah
I guess going to go get a real kegerator that I will drive home with

I guess going to go get a real kegerator that I will drive home with

Not knowing where you are, I have had good luck finding used kegerators on CL. And now is the time of year to look - with college graduates no longer having keggers and future grooms whose spouses don't approve.

Not knowing where you are, I have had good luck finding used kegerators on CL. And now is the time of year to look - with college graduates no longer having keggers and future grooms whose spouses don't approve.
I strongly suggest a freezer for kegerator!! They are cheaper if you build it yourself and do such a better job of keeping beer cold! Unless you spend at least a grand on a very nice kegerator, you will probably have these issues on a $500 model:
#1- terrible foam each first pour! The first 6 ounces or so of beer get warm in the tower. Yes you can add a $30 fan it helps but does not fix problem unless you have a loop.
#2- limited space for kegs. Even a small chest freezer can hold various sizes. This is not a problem if you only want one tap

I started with a kegerator but after too many issues built a "keezer" with an upright scratch n dent freezer i got new but cheap. Shanks roght through the door- beer is always cold. I built a shelf insise for glasses and bottles too.
The chest keezer build threads on here rock if you are the slightest bit handy.

Final note- if you go for 2,3,or 4 taps- get a 2,3, or 4 gaugr co2 regulator now. You will thank me later!!

Note- all the above is simply IMO and ymmv of course.

Nate r the place is a scam. I tried to get one and the tracking invoice was to me in Michigan
However the package never came it went to a place in Cali. I went to bank and canceled payment.
The company gives you the run around u till it’s too late

Well, momma always said if it's too good to be true, then it probably is. Despite this, my wishful thinking has got me burned a couple times. I didn't pull the trigger on this one though.

The purpose of these scam sites is to suck up your credit or identity information Name+ CC# + Address info. Not to just take your 65 bucks which they know you will probably charge back. So you need to cancel that card. It's going to be getting a lot of use from random places soon.

The purpose of these scam sites is to suck up your credit or identity information Name+ CC# + Address info. Not to just take your 65 bucks which they know you will probably charge back. So you need to cancel that card. It's going to be getting a lot of use from random places soon.
It might be my paranoia, but I also think that these sites steal your password ans sell it. They already have name, address personal info. And answers to personal password resets.

It might be my paranoia, but I also think that these sites steal your password ans sell it. They already have name, address personal info. And answers to personal password resets.

While the sites are definitely a scam, what is writen above about credit cards and passwords cannot be true. These fake sites all use Shopify (one of the largest ecommerce platforms in the world that allows you to sell online). It's used by millions of sellers around the world, myself included.

Shopify follows Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and therefore does not provide credit card details to the sellers. This is a good thing. A seller should never see or have access to this information and be able to re-use it. This way sellers cannot charge you a second time, or charge something else to your card.

PCI compliance is expected (and used) by all legit ecommerce platforms today. It's a good thing and provides buyer protection. I get asked all the time by customers to add items to open orders and to "simply charge the card they used previously" but I cannot, which is again a good thing. I have to invoice them separately and they have to click and pay, acknowledging the payment.

Now that said, the seller definitely has access to the other information you've entered as such as name/address/phone/email as the seller needs this to process your order. Both phone and email are not required however. You can set up your Shopify shop to allow customers check out with only email or only phone number.

Passwords are not seen or accessed by sellers as there's no need for sellers to know customer passwords. Passwords are only required if you choose to create an account to simplify shopping next time. You do not have a create an account to shop at a store powered by Shopify.

Worst that can happen is you start to get spammy emails, texts, or more junk mail to your door (the last is unlikely as that costs money).

If these scammers were looking to capture passwords and credit card information, they'd have to look elsewhere as the way they've implemented their fake stores with Shopify they won't get either.

Kal

Last edited:
I checked the outfittasks.top site and it doesn't appear to use shopify. It asks for your credit card into while the address is still outfittasks.

I checked the outfittasks.top site and it doesn't appear to use shopify. It asks for your credit card into while the address is still outfittasks.
It most definitely used Shopify. It's normal for the domain/URL to still show the shop name. It's all part of the ecommerce solution that Shopify offers.

You can confirm here: https://builtwith.com/outfittasks.top

Kal

Back