Kegerator beer lines with Perlick 650SS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snarf7

Reaction score
I'm new to all things kegging so I'm still learning the ropes. Got started on a keezer build this weekend. For my taps I'm using the Perlick 650SS, which feature a flow control adjuster on the side of each tap. This is my first experience with a kegerator/keezer setup so I'm getting ready to run the beer lines. Previously when serving kegged beer with a picnic tap I had to get the beer lines just the right length for the PSI to avoid foaming. With the Perlick flow control is this still a concern or will that solve that problem? I'm trying to avoid having tons of extra tubing if I can...wondering what length I can get away with? thanks guys!

Like most things it seems like if you ask 10 people you'll get 11 different answers. I found a couple threads on here discussing these faucets and the general consensus seems to be that you can go shorter but that the flow control isn't a fix all for everything so most people seem to have success with taking a modest approach (i.e run 5ft lines instead of 10). I guess I'll try a medium length first and see before I cut the others. Here's the thread if interested

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/...-perlick-650ss-stainless-flow-control.483561/

My keezer is done with the flow control taps. You can definitely use shorter lines/worry less about getting line length correct.
That said, beer line is cheap and the 650 (or 690) flow control taps are a tad spendy.

FWIW all my liquid lines are 2.5 feet, once everything dialed in on the perlick, perfect pour every time. Keeps the inside cleaner looking IMO.

My keezer is done with the flow control taps. You can definitely use shorter lines/worry less about getting line length correct.
That said, beer line is cheap and the 650 (or 690) flow control taps are a tad spendy.

FWIW all my liquid lines are 2.5 feet, once everything dialed in on the perlick, perfect pour every time. Keeps the inside cleaner looking IMO.

Good to know, thanks
Yeah it's the same for me, I have a small keezer that I'm managing to squeeze 4 kegs into so there's not a lot of extra room, any space saving is a win for me :D

I have a 3 tap kegerator along with the Perlick, I want to say those lines are about 3.5' - 4' max. As another has stated, the faucets aren't your end all be all, but they definitely help if something gets a little too foamy. Turning them down and slow pouring on the side of the glass usually works.

I have the same faucets. 4 ft lines no issues. Thats the beauty of flow control...First pour a little foamy, dial it down. The rest always flow perfect at my 11/12 psi beers that I do.

Leave your lines long enough to be able to swap the kegs easily without yankin on the lines

Back