Kegcowboy.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KegCowboy.com, by continuing to tell us they expect these chillers soon and because for a while I believed them, has been able to discourage me from canceling my order and protesting the charge with AMEX. I feel like a fool. I don't see why anyone would do business with KegCowboy.com based on their shady business practices (their web site has these chillers listed with no warning they are not in stock). There are lots of really good online brew shops out there. KegCowboy.com is not one of them. Do not do business with KegCowboy.com.

Guys I have to say this is really strange. Who other than me received theirs last week? BTW, I ordered mine on Oct 2.

Now this is damn odd. I wonder if mine is a return or something. It does have a small dent on the bottom edge. I thought maybe I didn't actually receive a 40 plate chiller, so I measured it and it is the same size as a 40. I have not quite figured out how to count the plates.

Now this is damn odd. I wonder if mine is a return or something. It does have a small dent on the bottom edge. I thought maybe I didn't actually receive a 40 plate chiller, so I measured it and it is the same size as a 40. I have not quite figured out how to count the plates.

Well according to FedEx mine should arrive tomorrow. I'll probably go pick it up on Wednesday afternoon.

Now keep in mind that I live in Canada and I have to drive across the border to Lewiston to get this thing. If it's damaged or something, then man o man...

I'm thinking I might do a little more research next time.

I feel like a chump too. I ordered my 40 plate chiller August 9, 2012. Still nothing. Time for a phone call!

Moderator Edit: Let's keep the Company Review forum for reviews and comments from customers. Commenting on the posts of customers tends to muck things up. The reviews of customers are not edited or censored and give a full picture of this company's practices.

I ordered my kegerator parts from these guys last year. My project was delayed by almost a month waiting for my stuff. I ended up canceling my order and going elsewhere. Took me another month to get my refund. Had to threaten to call Mastercard. I will never deal with them again.

I am attempting to contact them. I hope to have a solution in some form soon.

Sadly it's been a week since the thread was closed and not a word to this point from KegCowboy. Rather sad turn of events. Also been two weeks since they have posted at all.

Obviously not sending out based in order date, mine was ordered in September and not a peep out from KegCowboy.

I understand that.

I spoke with the owner who assured me they will be on today.

I understand that.

I spoke with the owner who assured me they will be on today.

On Homebrewtalk, or our plate chillers will be on their way to their customers?

*Edit*Nevermind, saw they posted in the vendor showcase thread. Sounds like they are on some train somewhere, and gave no reason as to why the delay information was not communicated to the customer. I'll stick it out for a bit longer since I dont need it right now, but about one more week with no update and I will be requesting a refund.

Boomer,

I understand your frustration, that is why this thread is here. I check for these types of threads before ordering from companies i haven't previously done business with. That said, what criteria do you want to use to kick someone off the forum for advertising? Is it one bad review, ten, one hundred? I don't know the laws on discrimination through Internet advertising, etc., but Tx runs a pretty solid site. I'm willing to cut him some slack here, perhaps you could do the same.

I have had good luck with them with a total of 3 orders but there is enough concern that I probably won't order again. I might be lucky or some others might be unlucky, either way, we all should get good service.

I think company in question should chime in here as there are quite a few members that will never do business with them and I'm sure they will pass on the negative info to their fellow homebrewers. This is the largest home brew forum?

As I have said in the other thread: I received a notice from KegCowboy and FedEx last week that mine had shipped. Another member up in Canada also received a notice. Mine arrived here in GA last week one day after it shipped from SC. I ordered mine on Oct 2, which was much later than some others ordered. Now, what really concerns me is why I received a chiller last week and the ship had not yet delivered them to Charleston. According the latest info, they are now on a truck or a train down to SC.

As I have said in the other thread: I received a notice from KegCowboy and FedEx last week that mine had shipped. Another member up in Canada also received a notice. Mine arrived here in GA last week one day after it shipped from SC. I ordered mine on Oct 2, which was much later than some others ordered. Now, what really concerns me is why I received a chiller last week and the ship had not yet delivered them to Charleston. According the latest info, they are now on a truck or a train down to SC.

I'll be posting a video of the unboxing tonight! Lets see what is in there!!

Okay I've tried to be patient and accommodating but I can't take it anymore. I ordered a 40-plate chiller. After some discussion with you regarding instead sending me something else you had in stock and refunding the difference, you sent me a 30-plate and have not credited my VISA one penny for the difference in price. The 30-plate chiller you sent is dented in several places, and is not in brand-new condition. Also, I don't believe we finalized anything - I simply was asking whether or not it would be possible to have something else shipped in lieu of the 6-week-late 40 plate chiller.

This is what you sent me via email on November 8:
Dear Paul,

The products have been sent out to you. The order information is given below

Order ID: #3447
Shipping method: FedEx Home Delivery (Residential addresses only)
Shipment date: 11/08/2012, 12:55:28 PM
Carrier: FedEx
Tracking number: 960583115032799

Products:

1 x 40 Plate Wort Chiller
Options: Connectors: No connections , 1/2" Silicon High temp Hose: None

Thank you for using our shopping cart.

I live in freakin' CANADA - I had to drive to the states last night to get this thing, and then pay some duty on it. Huge PITA.

Tell me - how do I return this to you? I will be submitting a dispute with VISA later today. This is beyond ridiculous.

I ordered a plate chiller late September with the same estimated date of October 5. Same story. Same lack of communication. They actually ended up telling us what ship from China they were on, but that ship has now stopped at various ports in the USA and is long gone as far as I know.
I'm still going to give them until the end of the week to tell me something, after that it's time to file a complaint with VISA.

I honestly think I got them confused with Keg Connection, who I've heard only good things about. Now I feel like an idiot, but also after reading this thread I'm wondering why HBT continues to allow them to be a trusted vendor or whatever you call it.

So where else can I order a wort chiller from and have it delivered quick-time? Or at least not have my VISA charged until she ships?

I think anyone trying to ask questions through HBT is going to also be very frustrated. Our email and phone is available in my avatar, the website, and a simple google search. This forum does not connect to the company so please contact us directly at [email protected] or call us at 803-520-0404.

Paulster, I saw your post (from yesterday) when I got back last night and I left a message with the shop which was already closed. I of course don't know your name or order number so I have to ask around to see if anyone remembers talking to someone (anyone) about a similar order change. There will most likely be delays if you are trying to communicate through HBT. As far as the dents I was assured that it was a new 30 plate still in the box.....so we will need to make a FEDEX claim. I will be more than happy to call you today when I see what your order number is at the shop computer. Again this post is from yesterday I believe and I am responding today. any posts from today will take a while as I will not be back on HBT (much) until Monday. Please contact us directly if you are looking for a quick response.

As side note to the readers of the recent reviews. The comments on the delayed 40 plate chillers are true. We have run the promotion in the past without a hitch, but this time anything that could have gone wrong has pushing the delivery date (to us) way past what would have been expected which we believed to be Early September even though we stated September/October. Typically we have these things on a ship 10 days after we order them. Anyway here is the update post from the promotion thread in case anyone is using this thread for updates. - Jeff

Sorry everyone but I was unaware of some of the most recent posts. As many of you can tell from the tracking link located for the ship located in this thread, the ship was unexplanedly sent back to New York and unloaded instead of continuing to Charleston which was the intended port. We have received notice that the shipment was cleared for rail shipment to Charleston. I do not know the reasoning behind the decision not to continue to Charleston, but I would like to recap the events leading up to this point to save the readers the effort of jumping around the thread to piece together the story.

1.) Chillers ordered to be manufactured and "pre-sale promotion" sale launched as it has been in the past. Expected date of delivery was projected slightly further out into the future to account for delays due to a previous shipment taking longer than expected.

2.)Order ships out later than promised, but enough time has been allotted that it should not adversely affect customers based on our prior experience with shipments.

3.) At the point we should receive notices of the incoming freight it becomes apparent that the ship has made several stops after departure and is still relatively close to the point of departure.

4.) Discussions of the delay on HBT changes arrival date several times, because of changing arrival notices.

5.) Ship arrives in New York (or some nearby port) a few days before Hurricane Sandy hits. No additional information is available for several days.

6.) Discussion on HBT about estimated delivery to Charleston based on arrival notice.

7.) Ship is in Northfolk, VA (not known to be on itenarary) for several days.

8.) unexplaned - ship is going back to New York. I don't know if it is damaged or what.

9.) Now ship is unloaded and cleared for rail shipment on 11/15

This will be the last time we do this promotion. I had no idea that so many things could happen in a shipment. I appologize to everyone involved. Many people are tired of waiting and have asked for refunds which have been given immediately. If you want a refund please email [email protected] and include your name or order number. I have no way of associating your HBT name with your order number. For those of you that stick it out you will be refunded an extra $12 for the hassle which, unfortunately, is all I have left to give due to the discounted price, the additional 5% off all your items that was already given to all orders that included these wort chillers, and our low profit margins. I appologize to everyone involved. We are now waiting on a train that does not appear to have left yet. - Jeff

Update: Train is to be loaded tomorrow 11/15

I think anyone trying to ask questions through HBT is going to also be very frustrated. Our email and phone is available in my avatar, the website, and a simple google search. This forum does not connect to the company so please contact us directly at [email protected] or call us at 803-520-0404.

:rolleyes:

1) The phone number isn't listed on the website.

2) Over the months (years?) that you've been treating your customers like garbage, lots of people have tried contacting you in a number of different ways. I must have sent close to a dozen e-mails, HBT messages, etc. The only way to get a response was over the phone, and the only place to find the phone number was in the e-mail order confirmation.

3) While our e-mails/messages were ignored, you were posting on this site multiple times a day giving people coupon codes. That's why most people think this is the best way to get a hold of you.

I think anyone trying to ask questions through HBT is going to also be very frustrated.

I think anyone expecting to receive a product from you in a timely manner is also going to be very frustrated.

I'll edit my last post despite normally not bothering to update a review after resolution.

I did receive the beer tower I ordered. It was apparently waiting on one additional item I ordered which was on backorder, which I didn't want anymore so once that was cancelled the order went through. If someone had told me the week earlier that was the case, I would have gotten my package 1 week earlier and been a happy camper.

The company really has 2 faults:

1. No one responds to emails, or voicemails. The only way you'll get resolution with them is to actually speak to them. Thats annoying from a customer service perspective. Really got to hire some someone part-time for $10 an hour to act as customer service for web orders.

2. Don't sell items that are out of stock. Or list them as out of stock with either an actual expected ship by date, or list it as TBD. The out of stock items seems to go to a larger issue - doing a production run on something after having orders in hand. If you sell "x" amount of chillers per year, order them, stock them. I'll bet you sell more in June then December, and more in August then June. If they are sold in August, its because the consumer wants them in August. I could give everyone a great deal as well if I have 100 people pre-order them.

Retail & Supply Chain 101. The company tries hard and has some decent deals. But I'll look to a new supplier for my next order.

After placing an order and waiting 7 business days for shipping info I emailed sale@. Got no response so I tried again. No response. Called and was told 2 pieces to my order were to be in the next day and I would get shipping that same day.

Next day, not a word. Emailed jeff@. Replied quickly an told me he would check the next day and be back to me within the day.

Next day, received email saying my order was still waiting on 2 parts, one of which was different than the previous time I had been told this.

Responded asking for an ETA. No response for a couple days. Emailed again explaining my frustration as my project is waiting on these parts! Nothing. Emailed again asking for an ETA. Nothing.

Called the store and asked if they had the parts in stock. One was finally in and the other one was still not. I asked when they were expecting that part to be in and was told within a few days.

Emailed Jeff and asked that he have everything on hand sent to me ASAP so I can get my project back on track and just send me the missing part when it shows up. Nothing back!

The lack of communication and overall customer service is ridiculous! Wish I would have found this thread before placing an order.

probably lying and has none of your part, would not be surprised at all. I would cancel your order and deal with a reputable retailer. That is what I had to do. May the force be with you.

probably lying and has none of your part, would not be surprised at all. I would cancel your order and deal with a reputable retailer. That is what I had to do. May the force be with you.

Hi HBTers. I'm leaving this post up (at this point) as an example of the sort of post that I think is not helpful. This post accuses the company of lying to another member, which the poster can't know. To me, this crosses the line from review to slander.

There's been a similar discussion in the company review forum on another company, where members began responding to each other's reviews, weighing in on other member's transactions, on which they didn't have any first-hand knowledge. A few members would not stop the non-review chatter, posts were deleted and unfortunately one of the posters is now a former member.

It may be helpful to keep in mind that every company (except the outright scammers) have both satisfied and dissatisfied customers. Please post your reviews - the more reviews, the more first-hand info, the better for everyone.

Responding to other member's reviews, idle chat and speculation is not helpful, though, and needs to be avoided. I do not want to edit this thread - it takes time on my part and will inevitably lead to bad feelings. Please help avoid this by sticking to posting reviews.

As always, reviews (negative or postive) in the company review section are not edited or deleted.

You are right i reacted inappropriately, guess im still a little bitter from a similar bad experience I also had (that ended in me having to demand a refund) .I suppose they have made there own bed

I am an internet customer and now a local customer of Kegcowboy. I shared a beer with Jeff the other night and he is very regretful of how the business grew over the last 18 months and how the internet side became a cluster. He moved the family a 1000 miles, opened a brick and mortar store and was doing it just by himself. He is a decent guy with a good heart and will right the ship in the near future. Locally, it's the best thing that has happened since the 21st amendment. He has great people working for him now, craft beer on tap, great prices and selection. I would suggest just calling, asking if it is in stock, and ordering over the phone.

No relation to Jeff, flame me if needed. Just feedback from a customer.

Called many times. Being busy I understand. Taking a day or two to respond is fine. It's been a week with no word of an update on the ETA of my order.

Called today to ask if the perlicks were in stock yet since I was told they would be by today. Whoever answered told me they did not know as they weren't involved with inventory.

I am an internet customer and now a local customer of Kegcowboy. I shared a beer with Jeff the other night and he is very regretful of how the business grew over the last 18 months and how the internet side became a cluster. He moved the family a 1000 miles, opened a brick and mortar store and was doing it just by himself. He is a decent guy with a good heart and will right the ship in the near future. Locally, it's the best thing that has happened since the 21st amendment. He has great people working for him now, craft beer on tap, great prices and selection. I would suggest just calling, asking if it is in stock, and ordering over the phone.

No relation to Jeff, flame me if needed. Just feedback from a customer.

I really can't say anything bad. I ordered one of the 40-plate chillers and got mine weeks before everyone else for some reason. I also got a reply within 24-hrs every time I sent an email. **All my emails were sent as replies to the one he sent me about the backorder. So maybe that is the way you get his attention. My rules for business: reply, followup and do what you say and you will get the business more than 50% of the time even if you are more expensive.

pdxbg said:
After placing an order and waiting 7 business days for shipping info I emailed sale@. Got no response so I tried again. No response. Called and was told 2 pieces to my order were to be in the next day and I would get shipping that same day.

Next day, not a word. Emailed jeff@. Replied quickly an told me he would check the next day and be back to me within the day.

Next day, received email saying my order was still waiting on 2 parts, one of which was different than the previous time I had been told this.

Responded asking for an ETA. No response for a couple days. Emailed again explaining my frustration as my project is waiting on these parts! Nothing. Emailed again asking for an ETA. Nothing.

Called the store and asked if they had the parts in stock. One was finally in and the other one was still not. I asked when they were expecting that part to be in and was told within a few days.

Emailed Jeff and asked that he have everything on hand sent to me ASAP so I can get my project back on track and just send me the missing part when it shows up. Nothing back!

The lack of communication and overall customer service is ridiculous! Wish I would have found this thread before placing an order.

pdxbg said:
Called many times. Being busy I understand. Taking a day or two to respond is fine. It's been a week with no word of an update on the ETA of my order.

Called today to ask if the perlicks were in stock yet since I was told they would be by today. Whoever answered told me they did not know as they weren't involved with inventory.

Spoke with Jeff yesterday. It seems to be an issue with their distributor not responding to them. He has made it right by refunding my money and apologizing on behalf of his distributors and of KegCowboy for wasting my time.

Just wanted to say he has made my situation right.

Worst customer service skills i have ever witnessed! Ordered a drip tray from these guys over two weeks ago and not a word from them... No emails... Nothing.... Crickets....Called several times and got the run around about how my order was on his home computer an he couldn't access it from the store... On two separate calls I was promised a return from Jeff and never heard from him. On a third he gave me a bunch of bull about how sorry he was and that he would email me back the next day... Guess what? Nothing... No call, no email... Finally I got fed up and cancelled my order. Got my credit card bill today and they had charged me anyway... I will let Amex deal with them... If Jeff was the last supplier on earth I'd quit brewing and drink Bud Light for the rest of my life.... I cannot stress enough how awful an experience this was.... This Jeff may be a good guy but he's an awful businessman.... Let this be a warning to you... Don't let his cheap prices fool you... Not worth the few dollars you are saving

My previous chiller got bleach poured on it (bleach and copper react) so trashed I had to buy a new one. Order shipped and was at my door within a few days.

I guess I have good luck.

Gonna have to join up on this thread now. Ordered a kit on 1/27 and it took me almost 10 days to get ahold of someone. Now.. told monday, still nothing.

Followed up a bunch of times.. no real info.

Ugh, I'm so tired of bottling. Just want my stuff.

Latest posts

Back