Keg won't pour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdib444

Reaction score
So I recently purchased a 3 gallon ball lock keg and successfully filled and drank a coffee stout out of it. I went to fill it with my second batch, an American Pale Ale, and now the keg line will not pour . I thought that the dip tube may have been clogged with hops since I dry hopped it so I attached the gas to the liquid side to blow out anything. I also disassembled the poppet and the ball lock connection. Is there something I am missing here because I can't figure out why I won't get a flow :confused: .

Cheers

Do you have valves on the gas line from the regulator? Open?

Certain that you have the gas and liquid on the right posts. I would assume so since you switched them to try to clear things.
Certain that the disconnect is fully seated? I have to push mine really hard until the release ring pops into place. Both sides.

Yeah both lines are connected and the keg is definitely under pressure. I can check the liquid line, but I have re-connected it several times. When I first go to pour there is a burst of pressure but then the beer flows very slowly out of the keg and then stops before it even clears the line.

Could there be ice in the liquid line?

That's a good suggestion. Remember that the keg pours from the bottom, so if the beer is partially frozen, it won't pour.

What I'd do is disconnect, and purge the keg, and take off the post from the "out" side and then pull out the diptube. Hold it up to the light, and see if you can see through it. If you can, then take apart the poppit and post and clean those. If you can't- that is the problem. Clean it, and make sure any dryhopped beers are more carefully racked so hops particles don't end up in the keg.

Well I ended up draining the keg and cleaning out the hop guts and re-filling. Seems to have fixed the issue, I guess I learned to use a hop bag when dry hopping :drunk: . Thanks for the help guys

Latest posts

Back