keg to keg transfer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carb1de

Reaction score
been looking around and I don't know if I missed it or not,

just started kegging...want to add another tap but do a commercial brand (Guinness) called a local store that does and can get Guinness but they can only get it in a the big kegs...I do have enough corny kegs to do a transfer but can I do it? I know it the Guinness keg takes a "H" coupler and I can make a hose to hook up to the corny and main keg. Would I be wasting my time or can it actually happen? plus if I can can I use CO2 to do the transfer or should I get beer gas?

If you can also hook up your co2 to the commercial keg, it will work. I run my stouts with a creamer faucet, and really can't tell much of a difference with one dispensed with beer gas.

I forgot to mention that you really want to purge the receiving keg with co2 before the transfer. Leave a little pressure on it, and use just enough pressure on the big keg to move the beer. If the flow stops, don't add pressure to the commercial keg. Just pull the release on the receiving corny until you drop the pressure enough to get the flow going again.

Sure is, Presto hit all the steps. No different than if you filtered or otherwise transferred between cornies, just the 'supply' keg looks a bit different this time.

Back