Keg to keg transfer non carbed beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anico4704

Reaction score
I am going to be transfering a non carbonated beer from one corny to another in a couple weeks. I have the 2 beverage outs connected to a beverage tubing setup and wanted to know how to go about the transfer. After purging the receiving keg, do I need to put any PSI on that one at all when I make the tansfer? I would take it no,

Yeah, that's fine. Just push the 'donor' keg with serving psi. You'll need to vent the 'receiver' keg by pulling the PRV or open tap.

Oh, almost forgot. Yes fill your receiver with CO2 first, just connect your gas to the gas in side, and give the PRV a few good hard pulls with a minute in between to rest. With time in between, the CO2 will rest at the bottom and the air at the top. Do this with that beverage line disconnected.

Alternatively you could just vent the air afterwards but you probably want an oxygen-free environment completely for your beer, and purging before the transfer will guarantee that.

Back