Keg to bottle temp question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubge

Reaction score
If I am to bottle some beer I have kegged and store it at room temp then refrigerate it in the future will this cause any off tastes and how long will it last?

I would like to bottle some of my kegged beer for future consumption but have limited space in the fridge to keep them. I want to force carbonate then bottle and condition for a while

Thanks

No, as long as you can store them in an area with consistent temperature. If you havent' already figured out a way to bottle from the keg, you should check this out.

Thanks for the link, I am pretty sure I read that one already. I have bottled from the keg already but they went right into the upstairs fridge.
I bottled that way but didnt use the stopper on the bottle and it seemed to hold the co2.

What is BMBF??

BMBF stands for Biermuncher Bottle Filler. Biermuncher is an long-time member of the forum and made the filling method in the link I posted famous on HBT. He even admits it wasn't his idea, but the name stuck.

I bottled some beer from my keg using the above mentioned techniques. To the best of my taste buds, the bottles have kept fine unrefrigerated for about 4 months now. Carbonation is fine too!

Back