Keg still bubbling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirStancake

Reaction score
Not sure if I should be worried but on my second keg batch the keg is still giving off a bubbling sound 4 days after kegging. On my last one the bubbling subsided shortly after hooking it up to the co2 tank. I sprayed star san by the o ring and all the connections and didn't notice any bubbling from escaping gas. However, I poured a little beer and it was pretty damn flat especially considering its a saison that's been sitting around 16 psi since Wednesday. Any ideas?

I'd also like to add that if I depress the gas connection (pin-lock keg) gas does escape so there is definitely co2 in the tank. Maybe I'm just over reacting?

Use a heavy dish soap and little bit of water mix and apply it to all fittings

It just sounds like the co2 entering the keg is making that noise

You havent given it nearly enough time to carbonate
look up a carbonation and temperature chart on google images
Either set it and forget it for a couple weeks
or force carbonate it by shaking it
on the same chart find the intended volumes of CO2, find the temperature of the liquid (either kegerator temp or abient air temp), set the regulator accordingly, shake/roll for a couple minutes

Latest posts

Back