Keg question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MississippiSlim

Reaction score
So i am getting a keg of BMC for a party through a friendwho owns a store. No deposit. Just wondering what would happen if it never got returned....Wouldnt want my friend to look bad or be out any money. Just wondering......hmmmmmmmm. Anybody ever have any experience with this?

He would eventually have to pay it... they charge you because they have been charged...

Go buy one even if it is $200...

Think about it... you cannot break them, they can always be sold for what you paid for it, and $200 bucks is not really much in the scheam of things...

Yes, your friend would lose his deposit on the keg. There's always a deposit on kegs.

Not to mention the fact that you would have stolen a piece of equipment from a company worth upwards of a hundred dollars. I'm not one to stand up for BMC's business practices, but I imagine you wouldn't dream of walking into your local micro's tasting room and taking a hundred dollars out of the register. If that somehow feels different to you than keeping a keg that was loaned to you, you should spend some time thinking about the difficulty smaller breweries have getting kegs as it is. Losing one in the distribution pipeline is not only a big expense for the cost of the keg, the time and effort they expend looking for and replacing that will inevitably be just as big and inconvenient.

No, he told me he did not have to pay a deposit I am guessing due to the volume sales his store is or something. Seems there is a lot of "brother in law" practices go on around here. His price was 40 or 50 bucks cheaper than the retail price. I asked when I had to return it and he said heck he didnt care. As far as conscience....nah probably not. Or I might just buy one as I see them for sale for around 50 bucks alot. Probably ones that others didnt return. I mean though really what is the difference?

Back