keg leaks beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debtman7

Reaction score
My 3/16" tubing finally arrive and I hooked up my beverage stuff to dispense a beer. On the plus side, 5' of 3/16 tubing definately works a lot better than 2' of siphon hose :) On the down side, when I hook up the disconnect beer leaks out from the post. I managed to get a quick pour as it drizzled out. No leaks when the disconnect is off but as soon as I connect it, it comes out at the rate of maybe 1/2 cup a minute.

I'm assuming I just need new seals/rings/gaskets or whatever they're called, or are the poppets themselves no good? And how exactly does one remove the rings from the poppets, I tried prying them out with screwdrivers, knives, pliers, etc with no luck...

It is just the o-rings or the disconnect, not the poppets, (The poppets are held open when the outlet hose is connected.)

You may be able to fix it with a dab of keg lube on the o.-rings. I use a good pair of fine pointed tweezers to remove the o-rings, but a sharp pointed knife works as well. You just need a little patience.

-a.

Sounds like the o-ring for the top of the discharge plug is damaged. What I do with those rings is take a needle nose pliers and place the ends about 1/4" apart against the ring and lined up with the groove. The nose ends have to be smaller than the width of the ring-groove. Then you squeeze the pliers and pull the ring off. It's like grabbing a donut out of a box.

Poppet will leak when there is no connector on the plug.

Latest posts

Back