Keg Cop: Keg Monitoring and Control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@LBussy - what is intended to be put in the left side of the main enclosure?
I have a 2-channel relay board but the holes don't line up with the screw posts. But I suspect a 2-channel relay is the intent of the left side.

I'm running an SSR to control my compressor. Will the ubiquitous blue 10A relays handle the fridge compressor? I think I burned one of the blue mechanical relays out when trying to control a compressor in the past. Wondering if I should give a mechanical 10A relay a try again or if I need to print a case for the SSR.

Yes, that's for a 2-Ch relay. Some fit better than others. On a couple I was only able to get one screw in. That's fine. Chinese and standards do not seem to cross paths.

Kegcop MQTT to Home Assistant works great:

Attachments

• Pints Brewery.png
    Pints Brewery.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Kegcop MQTT to Home Assistant works great:
Does yours ever stop communicating to HA via MQTT after an extended period of time and just show "Unavailable" for everything in Home Assistant? Mine does that even though I can still get to the Keg Cop web GUI. If I reboot the ESP, then the data will show up again.....for a while (days? weeks? Haven't timed it).

Last edited:
Does yours ever stop communicating to HA via MQTT after an extended period of time and just show "Unavailable" for everything in Home Assistant? Mine does that even though I can still get to the Keg Cop web GUI. If I reboot the ESP, then the data will show up again.....for a while (days? weeks? Haven't timed it).
I mostly get disconnects from HA updating or me resetting the system after code updates.
I have to use the KC software reset to get MQTT to reset.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-12 111949.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-12 111949.png
    213.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-04-12 112653.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-12 112653.png
    391.8 KB · Views: 0
Hi all

I have some parts I am looking to get rid of , as one lot not interested in selling off individual items. Couldn’t find an answer if selling is allowed within this forum area or if it needs to go in the for sale section, which. To be fair would make sense but the people likely to be interested will be reading this thread, anyway will pause there and if nobody complains will add more detail or move this off to another forum area

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_1384.jpeg
    IMG_1384.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1385.jpeg
    IMG_1385.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1387.jpeg
    IMG_1387.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1386.jpeg
    IMG_1386.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Hi all

I have some parts I am looking to get rid of , as one lot not interested in selling off individual items. Couldn’t find an answer if selling is allowed within this forum area or if it needs to go in the for sale section, which. To be fair would make sense but the people likely to be interested will be reading this thread, anyway will pause there and if nobody complains will add more detail or move this off to another forum area

Cheers
Mike
PM sent

Ok so nobody told me off so far so will carry on , so in terms of parts we have

1 working system lolin d32 , with relay module , temp module and 4 flow sensors one of which is a brand new Swiss flow.
I was messing around with this one and trying to integrate into taplist.io but couldn’t get it working reliably at the time , things have moved on so no longer needed.

But of course it’s not easy or cost effective to buy the correct number of parts so there are enough parts to build another complete system with two sensors plus a load of other spares, connectors , basically everything shown in the pictures is included

This is all in the uk but it fits into a small package so can’t imagine posting worldwide would be a big problem.

Appreciate component prices change based on where you are in the world, but based on uk prices , import tax etc I would guess around £250 worth , have no idea what these are worth so just looking for a sensible offer

Cheers
Mike

Latest posts

Back