Keg Converted to Gas Tank usable still for Homebrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MemphisAniD

Reaction score
Thread deleted, old thread found and I should have had the sense to not even ask.

Sorry guys for the brain fart

My first reaction would be stay away but it could be some weekend fun. Fuel and water do not mix so you will have to really scrub and use good detergent. Once you think it's really clean, maybe just boil up some hot water and taste it...if it tastes like gas, well you get the picture.
Just be mindful when cutting the keg....I use a plasma torch to cut mine and it could be pretty dangerous if there are any residual fumes left.
I guess for $25, is worth a try

Thanks Drew! I got giddy for finding a keg that could complete my 3 Keggle system and couldnt quit thinking it would be OK maybe. I think I will pass just in case.

Yea I think you are better off putting that $25 towards some fittings or something. As hard as it may be too wait it out, it sucks to do what I did and get the first three kegs I can find only to figure that they look like crap. Cheers!

I know, I can't help it. I had one keg and then I had two kegs lined up for me that the guy just didnt follow through with. Problem was I had purchased all of my fittings and components when he assured me about them.

Now I have my 50amp BCS Controll pannel, exhaust sytem, and everything but the keggles done and I am itching to finish. Tax season is slowly creeping up on me and I want to brew as much as possible. Hopefully another comes around shortly.

Thanks again, Drew

Back