Keg Connection dude was cool as hell..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedOctober

Reaction score
Spoke to Todd from keg connection. He walked me thru the whole deal, was gentle with this noob, and gave reasonable advise.

So far the experience with them has been great considering that customer service in this country has been in the toilet for years (definitely another thread and possibly another board) but I'm getting very good vibes from this place, and I will keep yall posted!

:ban:

I dealt with someone else (Ben) at KegConnection, they were even helpful after my order when I wanted to switch one of my connections to a Sankey connector.

Indeed a big thanks to Ben @ Keg Connection for being helpful. I wanted some customizations to one of their keg kits and they were most accommodating.

KgConnection rocks:ban:

I have purchased kegs, hoses and any thing else that deals with kegs from Ben@KegConnection. Every time is enjoyable and there products are top notch in my opinion.

Keg Connection is moving to a bigger building this week. Despite this both Todd and Ben have been pretty cool about passing on information etc..

I am very excited about my soon to be kegging setup.. bring my perlicks :p

:rockin::rockin:

Is EVERYONE getting a Kegerator for the holidays??

I just ordered my 2 faucet tower kit on Saturday with Perlick upgrades as well.

:tank:
-Craig

I ordered Friday morning, Todd said the order would be shipped today, Monday. Now Monday evening and.... No email, no order number, and the order has not shipped.

Although their advise is spot on, during the next few weeks, I think they're disorganized a bit. If you need Kegs find another vendor until they set up their new place.

I know it seems like a flip flop but its not. They're a great bunch of guys and their hearts are in the right place, but under the circumstances they just cant perform during the restructuring.

New facility, change over; If you're in a hurry, try somewhere else. If you're patient, or rather know you're buying something from someone who will stand by their product/service...

Ok, its time to step up and admit I was a bit premature in my previous post.

Which was :

I ordered Friday morning, Todd said the order would be shipped today, Monday. Now Monday evening and.... No email, no order number, and the order has not shipped.

Although their advise is spot on, during the next few weeks, I think they're disorganized a bit. If you need Kegs find another vendor until they set up their new place.

I know it seems like a flip flop but its not. They're a great bunch of guys and their hearts are in the right place, but under the circumstances they just cant perform during the restructuring.

As it turns out, at the very same time I was badmouthing KegCon, Todd was driving my package to ups for delivery. So, I throw myself on the sword and admit to being a whining little baby. Todd and Ben if youre out there please forgive my lack of faith.

Sincerely,

RedOctober

RedOctober. Thanks for being big enough to admit you judged too quickly. Nothing p!sses me off more when someone makes a negative comment toward a business and then doesn't say anything when their problem is fixed or they find out that they were wrong.

I just received my kegconnection goodie package last week and am quite happy with the service and personalized advice.

What I got:

a set of blue and black ball lock cornies
stainless steel 2 faucet tower with homebrew disconnects
perlick faucets
3 guage/2 pressure regulator
sanke conversion kit
30' of extra hose
cleaning supplies
polished steel drip tray

these are upgrades to my yet to be installed Summit undercounter kegerator

estimated time to install: 2 weeks. Building our bar counter right now.

Update:

I hooked everything up this past weekend and everything was there, and the setup easy as pie.

I had a small issue with the regulator, so I called Keg Connection and Todd hooked me up with another and UPS'd it that day.

All around it was painless, and the boys at KC did right by me.

I would do business with them again.

Just an FYI to others out there in HBT land.

Regards,

Red

:ban:

I received my order on friday too!

I ordered the 2 tap tower kit, plus 2 extra cornys.

I had some questions after I received my order, and the guys(I spoke with Ben) at KegConnection were AWESOME!!:mug:

VERY VERY professional and great customer service. I will be ordering from them again for sure.

-Craig

I recently ordered the two tower keg kit as well but unfortunately received a defective regulator. I talked with Ben and after a few questions said he'd send out a new one the next day and include a return shipping label.

Obviously I wish it worked the first time but I have even more respect for them for handling the return the correct way. Cross-shipping and paid return no questions asked. I hate having to haggle with companies to get that.

In the meantime...a little extra conditioning on my beer isn't a bad thing.

Prices are good, shipping charges, not so great.

I placed an order of small items, washers and co2 connections. Great prices, as long as small orders.

They are offering 4 kegs with free shipping, for everything ordered.

KC, has it's +'s and -'s, like any other place.

I like Midwest Brewing, but I'm within the same state, so I get everything next day.

I too had a recent order from Keg connection and have been very happy with the service. I had a bad valve on the air manifold, and Ben was very quick to talk to me about it on the phone, and then send my a new one with extra clamps to get it setup right. I will continue to do business with them on future keg related purchases, and have recommended other to their website.

Just wanted to add to this chain that I bought a cornie keg from kegconnection and after kegging my stout last night noticed a leak around the release valve. I called Dan from KC in the morning and he said he would ship me out a part that day to hopefully fix the problem and if not to give him a call back.

Great customer service and would use them again.

I have had a few problems with my orders that I have placed with KC, but they have always gone out of their way to fix them ASAP.

Do you guys normally call, or do they provide just as good customized service via email?

I have to say that my experience with Keg Connection wasn't as good as I was expecting with all of the rave reviews that they get on here. As a matter of fact I ordered from them because of there outstanding reputation here. That being said I will chalk up the lack of communication to moving to a new building but some warning on the website would have been nice. My problem in a nutshell is that the Co2 manifold on there website (All brass and valves offset at a 45 to the mounting point) is not what showed up. Is it close enough? Yea, after I switched the barb to the other end like it shows in the picture but having the valves come off at a 45 would have been nice since my collar is a little short.

My big gripe is the lack of response... Ben asked for some pictures of what I received and after I sent those off I called once and left a message, sent a follow up e-mail and received nothing back. A week after the initial contact I called again and found that he was busy and hadn't had a chance to read my e-mail. As some one that works in a customer facing job I cant imagine saying something like that to one of my customers.

All in all, would I buy from them again... maybe, but I will wait until they are done with the move.

I felt that it was necessary to share my experience with them, and I have no doubt that they have earned the good reputation that they have received here. I must have been one of the unlucky ones.

Back