keg connection.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Emailed about two gauges that were damaged during shipping. Two new ones sent no questions, no need to verify address info, nothing. Just "which two do you need, we'll get them to you tomorrow."

Prompt delivery.

Had the very same thing, small tube connection on my duals broke in shipping, they sent new ones 3 day delivery (their cost) and sent prepaid shippers for damaged goods. Will be doing much business with these folks again.

Edit; I talked to Todd when placing my order, I asked for 7 ft hoses instead of their standard length, he provided them to my specs and didn't charge me for them. Super good service.

Hi All ... I've not had good luck this week ...

I'm working on a chest freezer conversion ... need a kit ... decided on kegconnection based on these forums, and also based on MM not offering Perlick faucets ...

I called them Wednesday, mid-day ... the guy that answered said he was at lunch and asked if he could call me back later ... I gave him my number ... he didn't call

I decided to try again today ... 1ish ... no answer so I left a message ... no returned call this afternoon

Then I thought I would lay it all out in an e-mail, so I sent a note to the address on their home page ... it came back undeliverable, saying that the sender's (my) mail server (yahoo) was blocked ...

No hard feelings, but I do want to order my stuff before I leave on some business trips over the next two weeks ... guess I'll keep looking ... just thought I would post my experience ... cheers, all!

My experience is that they are extremely busy and will not return calls or emails. Best is to call till you talk to who you need to; maybe not every 30min but like every few hours to not be too much of a bother. They want to help, but are busy with the orders.

Weird. I emailed them for a custom quote and got a response within 12 hours; called the next morning to tinker with my order; paid, and received the order about 10 days later....

Well, if this thread is proving anything, it's that the key to business success is not good customer service, consistent good customer service..

I appreciate Keg Connection, and I value what they sold me, but at this point it's obvious that they need to evaluate their business practices to accommodate each customer, not just which one is lucky enough to get their call answered.

Hi All ... I've not had good luck this week ...

I'm working on a chest freezer conversion ... need a kit ... decided on kegconnection based on these forums, and also based on MM not offering Perlick faucets ...

I called them Wednesday, mid-day ... the guy that answered said he was at lunch and asked if he could call me back later ... I gave him my number ... he didn't call

I decided to try again today ... 1ish ... no answer so I left a message ... no returned call this afternoon

Then I thought I would lay it all out in an e-mail, so I sent a note to the address on their home page ... it came back undeliverable, saying that the sender's (my) mail server (yahoo) was blocked ...

No hard feelings, but I do want to order my stuff before I leave on some business trips over the next two weeks ... guess I'll keep looking ... just thought I would post my experience ... cheers, all!

I feel ur pain. I think i dealt with the same dude. U have to keep calling and bug these people. That guy gave me same line about being on lunch and never called me back. Call customer service. Its ur money.....If they dont like me calling so much....then send my order out.:mug:

+1 on the excellent customer service. I ordered a kit about 15 days ago. Last minute I realized I needed ball lock kegs, that the pin locks wouldn't fit in the kegerator I wanted to build.

I called and asked if I could switch my order. Turns out my kit was boxed up and ready to head out. The man I spoke with there was very understanding and made the switch for me with no problem.

It's shipped and is expected to arrive Monday =)

I am thinking on doing a keezer build. Has keg connection remedied their bad keg problem? Are the kegs better if you go pin lock? Should I go somewhere else?

I felt their prices were worth the trouble in the end... that could have changed by now.

The kegs I got were not in bad shape IMO, they had labels, dents, etc... that comes with the territory, and I don't care. They were not however, cleaned inside, or fitted with new o-rings. In fact, there weren't even o-rings in the shipment, but they shipped those out free of charge once I got in touch with them. I feel the condition issues with their kegs would not change between ball/pin lock, as it's a matter of them being cleaned, and fitted with new o-rings for me.

Kegs aside, the hoses, fittings, etc were of good quality (I love the threaded fittings - I was able to change one of my taps to a sankey with no problems or extra work), and the kit was fully assembled and ready to go.

Bottom line: I was annoyed by my experience with them, but the price made up for it (and my order coincided with a winter storm in their area, so they get another pass for that). FWIW, if I were building another kegerator, I'd use them again. I'd just order as soon as I could, as to get by any possible shipping/parts issues sooner.

Bottom, bottom line: kegs at the price that these places offer are used kegs... period; they got tossed around for years by soda techs. The only requirement for them in my mind is to hold 5 gallons of liquid at pressure, and the ones I was shipped do that quite well.

I can honestly see myself never ordering from them again. Granted they seem like nice people and do follow through in the end, getting any sort of good customer service or promptness is like pulling teeth. Communication is nearly non-exisistent and if it wasnt for their prices being decent and me already starting to build my system with them I would have stopped using them a long time ago. Thank god I've never been in a rush for the parts since completing an order seems to always take over a week.

First order went simple enough. Placed it online, processed and shipped out about 2 weeks later. Only delayed due to Black Friday deals.

Next order. Huge communication break down. No returned calls. They mis-read my emails and quoted wrong pricing and sent out wrong parts.

Third order they made up for it with some adjusted pricing. But again, another communication break-down and order ended up being delayed a few days because of this.

Last order to complete the system since I wanted matching regulators and parts. AGAIN, another communicaiton breakdown. Everyone left for vacation. They had time to reply to my email but not complete my order before leaving. Left a message with another person there to never receive any sort of return call. I was promised my order to be sent out yesterday, and to my knowledge that was never done either.

Overall, i'm done with this company and glad to have my system completed.

Yeh I've been tryin to order a kit for a week and a half now. Everytime I call I have to leave a message. The one time I did get through the guy told me to call Ben. So I did and got no answer or returned call. If my employees acted the way you guys describe they wouldn't have a job. Just my 2 cents. Does anybody recommend a different company for keg kits. Thanks for all the info.

Stevo2569 said:
Does anybody recommend a different company for keg kits. Thanks for all the info.

I can't fully recommend yet, but Jeff at kegcowboy has been very responsive thus far in initial communications ... and you can get a coupon in the vendor showcase. If I buy from him, I'll let you know how it went.

IMO, their pricing is the only thing keeping them in business.

I need to order more items for a seperate system i'm trying to put together now that the keezer is done, and someone else will be receiving my business. So far that looks to be Keg Cowboy as their customer service and prices seem to be very fair. Keg Connection's customer service is horrible

OK based on all the comments on here I got a twin tower kit with kegs from the Keg Cowboy. Hope I'm not disappointed. Oh got the 5% off Too. That helped to get the price pretty close to the KegNeedCorrection. Oh sorry misprint KegConnection.

I just ordered a kit from kegconnection.com last week and received it today via UPS. I haven't had a chance to look at things very hard, but so far it's pretty painless. I'll have to let you all know what I come across when I break the box open to inspect things.

I have to say that my experience with KegConnection was good. I called and placed my order on a Monday IIRC, was told that it might be 2 or 3 days before it shipped - the package was delivered that Friday. The only negative was that I was told I would get a tracking number and never did, so when the package came, I was surprised. I get the impression that they are trying hard to give good service, but are too short handed to handle all the business they're getting. It's easy to get into that situation when your business is growing rapidly.

Checked everything today and all appears to be good. Kegs were clean with new seals and everything like their website said it would be. I have no issues with the order so far..........

I received an order yesterday from KegConnection, with a bent gauge and a scratched tower because it wasn't padded and packaged loosely with the faucets and other metal pieces. I emailed customer service in the evening and copied Todd, and got a response from him in 6 minutes. They are sending replacements, but it's still annoying it wasn't packaged properly to begin with.

I placed an order with them on last friday, and I recieved my shipment tuesday(yesterday). There was an issue with the ordering. I entered my credit card number and it gave me some kind of error, so I entered it again and it gave me a confirmation number. So I thought all was well until I checked my account with them and it showed 2 orders. I called Ben yesterday and he was more than happy to help me correct this issue. I also didnt read the detail description on an upgrade option, and thought they shorted me the correct manifold. Ben told me that in the detail description it explains the manifold change. He was willing to ship me the one I wanted and take mine back for free. However, I am an honest person and it did say that in the detailed description, so I chose not to take advantage of his kindness. I will be purchasing another manifold from them as well as a few more things soon. Thanks Ben and kegconnection.

I am in the market for my first keg set up. I emailed keg connection with a question and received a very prompt reply from Todd.

This has been a couple of weeks ago, but it looks like some of their prices have increased. Some of these posts do concern me and I am a little hesitant to place an order. Looking for a basic keg set up that I can expand later. Most posts that I have seen are older....Any input/suggestions?

I am in the market for my first keg set up. I emailed keg connection with a question and received a very prompt reply from Todd.

This has been a couple of weeks ago, but it looks like some of their prices have increased. Some of these posts do concern me and I am a little hesitant to place an order. Looking for a basic keg set up that I can expand later. Most posts that I have seen are older....Any input/suggestions?

Kegconnection will get you what you want....eventually. It is just how many hoops will you have to jump through to get it?

it seems some get lucky and some don't. I have been one of the unlucky ones.

Prices definitely jumped up. Was looking at a 4-keg setup, went up by $60 (~ 15%). Will be looking around now. If you are doing Perlick faucets, check out http://www.farmhousebrewingsupply.com - it is actually cheaper to buy the kit with the party faucets and then buy the Perlicks and shanks from Farmhouse than it is to upgrade the fridge kit from kegconnection.

Sorry we've had such a spotty presence here in the forums recently, it's true that we've been very busy but we can't complain about that!

To address some of the issues I'm reading here... first I'd like to say that there is no excuse for our customers to be unsatisfied with
their experience with us. I apologize to any that feel we didn't give them proper attention to resolve any issues that they had with their order
or with us as a company and I ask that you please contact me directly by email: [email protected] or ask for me on our office line @ 512-85-3300 and let me know if there is anything we can do to make it right.

We have been reevaluating the work flow of our warehouse and have made changes that will ensure less errors in shipping fulfillment. Because we custom build all kits as they are ordered, our shipping policy has been changed as well. Although we strive to ship orders out within 2 business days of being ordered, our newly stated policy is 3-4 business days.

In regards to our pricing: we have raised our pricing on ball lock and pin lock kits (and kegs). This is due to our cost going up substantially
and the lack of availability of kegs. We have resisted this price change for as long as we could but unfortunately our costs have gone up too much
to maintain our old pricing structure. We always make sure we are competitive in pricing and if you see a drastic difference between one of our kits and that of a competitors, please let us know and we'll address that.

Customer service is our number one priority and we want our customers to know that we will do what it takes to keep your trust in us as a company.
If you ever have any questions on a kit or need a pricing quote your best option initially would be to call our office line @ 512-805-3300. I know some
of you have PM'd us here on HBT but that gets checked rarely and it's just better to call. If you don't get a hold of someone when you call and don't get a call back promptly, please email any one of these addresses (or CC all of us!): [email protected] (Ben, Sales Manager)
/ [email protected] (Todd, Owner)/ [email protected] (me, IT guy). I'll admit that I'm not the most technical of us three but I'll make sure you're taken care of and I'm confident that my sales manager and the owner will as well. We have and will make mistakes but please let us know when we do because we want to make it right.

cheers,

joshua

Nice to see a company actually pay attention to it's reviews, I'm always amazed at some of the companies that seem to be oblivious to the community they service! But Joshua, it cracks me up you said
(me, IT guy). I'll admit that I'm not the most technical of us three
. I always thought the IT guy WAS the techy guy! I was one of the pleased KegConnection customers. Love my 4 gauge KegConnection brand regulator. Even though it is the screw adjustment type, I can turn the broad head of the screw by hand, don't need a screwdriver.

hah, yeah. I meant, in regards to kegging and equipment, I'm probably not the best to answer THOSE questions. I can hold my own but Ben and Todd are like encyclopedia's about kegging and im more like wikipedia... If I don't know the info I'll find out or make something up that sounds good : )

cheers,

joshua

Some of you guys are a little too touchy............and if you think businesses shouldn't ever raise their prices given the availability or rising prices you don't know the first thing about business. Businesses obviously have to keep their profit margins at a certain point to avoid getting into trouble financially and eventually closing the doors. Hate to sound like a jerk, but it's true.

I think he was joking, but I think the real reason why people are so sensitive is because not too long ago keg connection came on here and said they were going to make an effort to fix things. Well it sounds to me like that effort wasn't thought out well enough, because not everybody is getting the service they desire. I think Todd and his guys know there stuff, but if you can't perform reliable service, people will go elsewhere.

To make it worse, KC has some of the highest prices on kegs now. Kegs I am not even sure are nice kegs, or the beat up ones.

Sounds like they still aren't cleaning the kegs when they ship (which they indicate they do with their description online "This keg has been cleaned and soaked in a hot "Straight-A" (brand name) cleaning solution, re-rinsed, lubed and re-pressurized to check the seals.") That is just plain false advertising if they continue to skip that step. To me, that step is something I am paying for.

All this points to a lot of people getting peeved and sensitive about stuff. For the people who had a good experience that is great. But I tend to look at the people who had a bad experience. Even if that is 10-30% of the people that concerns me. Honestly, it looks like that number could be a bit low.

Customer service is our number one priority
joshua

If this is the Josh Brown that works there, you i will have to say that you, were one of the people I left a message with after Ben informed me he was going on vacation and I never received a call back.

Again, poor customer service and empty promises on multiple transactions will keep me from returning to purchase more items from you along with referring anyone to kegconnection.

I ordered a 4 tap keezer kit from them a month or so ago, and I received them about seven business days later.

All metal parts were very tightly bubble wrapped with no damage to them. All the kegs (8) were a little dirty and dinged on the outside, so I spent a few hours cleaning them both inside and out, and replaced all the orings with the ones the kit came with, and relubed everything.

I recently exchanged the standard faucets with the PC perlicks and they are in the mail now.

I received prompt (12 hours or less) email replies to each of the five emails that I sent them, I reached a live person the one time I called them, and had tracking numbers for each of the shipments that I've received. Their customer service isn't instantaneous, but I've been satisfied with them on the whole.

Hi, This is Todd again with the Kegconnection. I wanted to follow-up on my last posting and progress. I have decided that we are going to purposely slow down the amount of business we do in the next week in-order to make some changes internally that will allow us to provide better service to our customers. We are also in the middle of some exciting upgrades in components (manifolds and regulators) that will allow our kits to be more flexible. If you are thinking about ordering a kit from us, wait until next Monday. I would rather loose business for a week, than hurt our reputation we have worked so hard to build. Here is what we will have on our front page for the next week:

"PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING THIS WEEK:
We are extremely backed up at the moment due to the weather last week in Texas. We are removing our $7.95 flat rate shipping for the next week. Our plan is to evaluate this shipping charge and re-instate this, or a simulator flat rate on February 14th (Valentines Day) We are also in the process of making some changes internally to improve our production and shipping department. In addition, we are upgrading/improving some of the components on our kits, so the photographs and descriptions are changing on a daily basis. We are still accepting and shipping orders this week, but expect a delay of up to 5 days in shipping! If you are wanting to order one of our kits it might be better to wait until next week. We fully expect to be back to our normal schedule by next week. Thank you for your patience while we improve the quality of our products and service!
Todd Burns"

So what happened with the flat rate shipping? Was it put back in place in February and taken down again or just never reinstated? When building an order I'm being shown ~$25 shipping. Is flat rate coming back or has that ship sailed?

I bought a two keg kit with a taprite regulator, 5lb co2 tank and two used corny kegs. The kegs arrived a couple weeks after ordering dirty inside/out and smelling of soda so their claim to clean the kegs before shipping is false. I soaked both of them in oxiclean and replaced the orings with the included replacement kits. I have only tried one keg so far and it is leak free. Cleaning the kegs wasn't a big deal to me. I would have cleaned them again before using them even if they didn't smell of soda. For me the delayed shipping and dirty used kegs were worth the difference in price from the competitors. If the second keg doesn't hold pressure then we'll have a problem =)

Still waiting for a replacement tower after 2 weeks....
Will I order from them again, probably not.

I was having login problems. Emailed them got an email back that they would pass it along to IT..lol well still have not heard back. I have used them several times..but plan to get my stuff elsewhere if they can't reset my account so I can login.
Jay

Sounds like kegconnection hasn't really fixed this problem. I will definitely order the stuff for my hopefully soon the be built keezer from elsewhere.

Just ordered a custom 2 keg kit last week only to see on Monday that it's only $10 to upgrade to a 10lb tank. Called Ben and he worked it out to make me happy, great customer service if you are patient. They will make it right if you let them know you're not happy. Will definitely order again. I sugest if your not happy, call Ben, great guy to work with.

I had no problems with my order from them. My keg was clean inside and scuffed outside (but it was used). Its a much better keg than the one I received from BMW and I got it much faster despite that huge winter storm. That one still had sprite in it.

I would order from Kegconnection.com again.

Back