Keg / carboy / beer line cleaner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtk78

I'm here for the beer!
Reaction score
Here's a couple pictures of the DIY cleaner I made with a 1/4hp pump and a CIP ball. It works really well and was pretty easy to assemble.

Nice job, but I wonder if you could have gone without those three valves and saved some $$
I'd hard-plumb the two disconnects and just leave them hanging when cleaning a carboy.
btw, what's the diameter of that spray ball? Under 29mm, perhaps?

Cheers!

[edit] Didn't notice the "beer line cleaner" aspect which I reckon explains the valves. Carry on...

Not sure what the diameter of the ball is, but I have 7 gallon Fermonsters, so I went with a ball that had 1" NPT threads to minimize the reductions off the pump. You can get smaller ones though that may fit through a sanke or standard carboy if that's what your thinking.

I cleaned 3 carboys tonight, and it hits them perfectly at the krausen ring. I'm really happy with it.

I thought about foregoing two of the valves, but every time I've done that in the past, no matter the plumbing project, I've kicked myself. It didn't add that much to the overall project, which ended up just under what I've seen the Mark keg cleaner sell for. I think this will do a better job and be more versital for me. I'll be able to clean 4 keg lines at once with my Intertap ball lock tips and the ball lock x ball lock unions I already own.

Back