Keg carbonation fades :s

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damian07

Reaction score
So I've brewed and kegged several batches now, and every other batch or so, the carbonation on the beer seems to fade immediately as I drink it.

I just poured some witbier that I had carbonating in the fridge @ 14 psi, ~38 F for about 5 or 6 days. At first instance, I can feel the carbonation, but although it is "spritzy" it seems to dissolve in my mouth, and by the time I actually drink it, it feels almost flat. Then, by the time I get to the bottom of the glass, it's almost as though I'm drinking cold, flat beer.

Any ideas?

at set it and forget it it takes me about 2 weeks to carb. I can drink it sooner, and it will get a nice head when I pour,but it isnt completly carbed so it dont last.

+1 on the let it sit. I have experianced the same thing, and kept drinking anyways cause i really liked the taste. Around week 2 1/2, it really started feeling well carbonated.

Latest posts

Back