Keg Carbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dietz31684

Reaction score
I usually brew wheats/ales and force carb then drink a week later. I kegged my first belgian (7%) last night and hooked it up to CO2 in the beer fridge. I'm planning on conditioning this belgian for at least a month (maybe more) and right now it's just taking up precious space in the beer fridge...and will be for the next month. I only have 2 taps so this is a problem.

So can I just pull the cold keg, let it warm up to ~72, add the standard amout of priming sugar, purge with CO2 and sit aside at room temperature? I doubt it's absorbed much CO2 overnight at 12 psi.

Thanks -

This sounds like a reasonable plan of attack. Hopefully, I'll be in the same boat as you here in a couple of weeks, two kegs in the fridge, two kegs conditioning in the basement!

If you're gonna go that route. Let it warm up. Rouse the yeast that have surely settled by now and use about half the amount of priming sugar you would for a bottled batch. This way you don't risk over carbing.

Latest posts

Back