keg carbinating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremybmx10

Reaction score
so i got a keg and want to fill it with my new wheat beer i am making but my co2 tank has not arrived and it should be in within a week or two:S but my beer is ready to be bottled or kegged so i was planing on using priming sugar and keg it and let it sit to be carbinated, but i am worried because i have no co2 to purge the air out:O? will this be a problem?

its in a secondary right now its a festa brew kit its too cold to do all grain here right now lol and it says 14 days top in secondary will it hurt my beer to keg it?"S

its in a secondary right now its a festa brew kit its too cold to do all grain here right now lol and it says 14 days top in secondary will it hurt my beer to keg it?"S

Siphoning without purging the keg with CO2 beforehand, does open you up to the risk of oxidizing your beer.

If you are just worried about following the kit directions - just leave your beer in secondary and don't worry. It will be fine.

thanks:D so even if the kit says 14 days tops! ill leave it in for another week or so if you guys say it wont hurt or change anything ill do it :D thanks for the wisdom!

j'ai laisser des kit dans la primaire pour 28 jours sans probleme, les instructions dans les kit sont pas a date... pas besoin de secondary...

Latest posts

Back