Keezer Troubleshooting Advice Needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r0b0t

Reaction score
I just finished my keezer and hooked up my naturally carbed keg. I turned on the gas and left it at 11psi for a couple of days. When I went to pull my first pint I only got gas coming out the tap. Opening the keezer, I confirmed that there was no beer in my beverage line. I do not have any other full kegs to test, but I do have other empty kegs (not sure if the posts are the same).

I would appreciate any advice as to what process I should go through to troubleshoot this issue. I am thinking of just transferring the beer to a different keg, but is there anything else I should try first?

Did you switch the disconnects (meaning, put the gas into the liquid out post)?

Thanks for the reply. I tried to switch them, but I couldn't get them to "lock" with the gas on the liquid out post. I am guessing that is a bad sign too! The keg hardware is all new, but the cornys are used.

I'd blow off the pressure, pop the lid and peek inside to make sure the long dip tube is on the "out" and the short one is on the "in". At least you'll know for sure....

Switch the fittings that are screwed on to the top of the keg...the long tube is your beer output and the short tube is the gas in...the gas and beer lines need the specific screwed on fitting, if that makes sense.

I'd blow off the pressure, pop the lid and peek inside to make sure the long dip tube is on the "out" and the short one is on the "in". At least you'll know for sure....

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a go once I get home from work and report back. It is definitely a possibility that in my excitement to keg my first beer, I mixed something up.

Thanks for the reply. I tried to switch them, but I couldn't get them to "lock" with the gas on the liquid out post. I am guessing that is a bad sign too! The keg hardware is all new, but the cornys are used.

It is definitely harder to get the white disconnect on the liquid out post, so that is normal. As someone else here said, it could be the in the process of cleaning the parts up, you simply put the liquid out tubing and the gas in post together, instead of using the shorter tube with it.

it will not hurt your beer to depressurize it and remove the posts and switch them if that is indeed your problem. Just work quickly, get it done, put it all back together and toss it back in and pressurize.

Just to be clear...White disconnect is gas in, post should have a star shape or grooves in the side, and the corresponding tube is short. Black disconnect goes on the other post with the long dip tube.

it sounds to me like you've switched tubes (if the in/out indicators on the corny are correct and match your QD's) or you've switched posts if they don't.

First, thank you everyone for the advice.

Second, I have an embarrassing conclusion to this story. I lifted out the corny and realized it was not the keg of beer I thought, it was empty. Not sure what brain fart led to that happening, but I have since connected the keg with actual beer in it and my liquid lines instantly filled and is currently chilling under pressure.

First, thank you everyone for the advice.

Second, I have an embarrassing conclusion to this story. I lifted out the corny and realized it was not the keg of beer I thought, it was empty. Not sure what brain fart led to that happening, but I have since connected the keg with actual beer in it and my liquid lines instantly filled and is currently chilling under pressure.

Ah, well, having an empty keg would explain the whole "no beer comes out" thing. :cross:

Uh, wow. Honesty is good and all, but this....I think I would have kept with the switched posts. Or interference from an alternate universe. Anything.

Back