Keezer fan power cord

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donshizzles

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I recently purchased an 120mm A/C muffin fan to install on my keezer off Amazon. The fan just arrived sans power cord. It has two small prongs where you attach the actual AC cord but it did not come with this cord. Anyone know if these cords are universal or brand specific....... can I just order one from any manufacturer and it will fit? Mine is made by Adda but I can only find cords made by Davidson for Davidson muffin fans. :(

Man you guys rock! :rockin: I never even THOUGHT about the hazard of an AC fan in a wet enviro.

Ok so I DO have an old desktop fan I can use (DC) and a few old wall warts to pilfer. The fan seems really small and I have zero trust in my electrical splicing abilities. The fan itself has 3 wires coming off of it, red, black and blue. The wall wart has 2 black wires. How would I know which of the 2 black wires to place with the red wire?

Would this be a better option?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00080G0BK/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
On the fan:

Red = positive
Black = negative
Blue = Speed Signal

Don't worry about the blue, leave it unconnected; you only need the red and black.

On your wall wort:

One wire might have a white dashes along it - if so, this is your positive OR if that isn't the case one wire should be have little ridges on it - this should be your negative. Unfortunately, there is no standard for such things, this is just the general case, but correct in most examples and hopefully right here.

Just connect positive to positive and negative to negative. Don't forget to check the voltages are the same and the wall wort is also DC output!

Back