Keezer Building Video Just Posted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a good video. The narration and step by step are well done. I will definitely watch it again when my chest freezer is delivered.

As the narrator says, it's not the only way to build one, but it's a simple set up. That said, I'm curious why you chose not to insulate the collar, or install a fan to prevent stratification of the air.

@pfgonzo Because we're lazy! :)

We actually will do those on this keezer, as well as adding in a moisture absorber and fixing the temperature controller probe inside so it can't fall out. But I think that might be for another video - we were trying to keep it simple here. I hope it can provide a good visual base for folks, though. Like I said, there are a lot of really good kegerator designs posted on here, so hopefully people can check out the basics in the video and then do their own thing.

You don't need a partner for removing and reinstalling the hinges - every single chest freezer hinge I've seen allows you to take a nail and put it into a hole that goes through the hinge, preventing the spring from opening the hinge.

Also, just an FYI...

If you wanted to be able to fit more cornys inside, you could build the collar out of 2x6's or 2x8's instead of 2x4's to allow for enough room to sit on the hump as well...

pfgonzo said:
Nod, I get that :)

What are you thinking about as far as moisture absorbing goes?

There are rechargeable wireless dehumidifiers that work great. Just check google or Amazon.

I haven't used the rechargeable dehumidifier that n8dagr8 mentions, but I've thought about getting one. I just get the Damprid-type stuff at Homedepot. Definitely use something, though, otherwise you can easily get rust or mold in there.

Back