Kasha Sucks!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potter1

Reaction score
So I thought I was going to be smart and make a granola wheat beer. You know, mash with things that could be in granola. So we have wheat, barley (of course) oats, and a little honey thrown in at the end of the boil. Then I get this bright Idea, "I'll really make it hippy if I use some Kasha!" For those who dont know, kasha is toasted buckwheat or some such thing. Just used a little bit, like 1/4 lb.
Well, the ferment was great, (forbidden fruit) aged nicely in the keg, and I tapped it tonight after my Mild kicked.
Let me take you through a sip, step by step:

Oh, smells kind of fruity
Nicely carbed. cool, kind of refreshing
MMM, the yeast really picked up some of the spices I threw in the kettle at FO
Balanced bitterness
But........
Whats this?

Oh I know!

ASS!!!!!!!!!!

Thats right, kasha kind of tastes like ass. Alot. It is so sad because everything else is great, just this damn kasha. And it's not just me, nay nay, I had some other folks try it, and the look on their faces, from enjoyment to utter horror, proved it. I just wish I hadn't been so experimental that day.

Oh well win some lose some, this might water the lawn tomorrow.

had to rant

Back