just what the world needs...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slim chillingsworth

Reaction score
...one more newbie showing off his intermediate-level setup

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

but i'm nonetheless quite proud with what i've made. thanks to the board for all the help.

It doesn't matter what it looks like or how much it costs as long as the beer comes out good in the end. That makes your rig cool to me.

people go to so much trouble for copper or stainless fittings. i can't imagine the teflon tape or the brass fittings being viable. may be better off just connecting the stainless braid to the weldless bulkhead and crimping the end. i'm curious what more experienced brewers think.

Wow, is that plywood strong enough to hold up those blocks, and the weight of the hlt? Nice setup, just a bit scary.

limey lou said:
people go to so much trouble for copper or stainless fittings. i can't imagine the teflon tape or the brass fittings being viable. may be better off just connecting the stainless braid to the weldless bulkhead and crimping the end. i'm curious what more experienced brewers think.

so far i haven't noticed any problems, not that any problems would be particularly obvious. it seems that a good number of people on this site and others regularly use brass fittings and teflon tape, as evidenced by a quick trip around the DIY forum. that doesn't really address any possible issues, but it gives me a bit of confidence in using those materials. if anyone has something to contribute to this, i am all ears.

Wow, is that plywood strong enough to hold up those blocks, and the weight of the hlt? Nice setup, just a bit scary.

the vast majority of the weight is at the center of the table. there are about 4 inches on the HLT side and the other side is stabilized pretty well with the cooler. it's not a permanent setup, but it's quite sturdy. i think the angle of the photograph makes it look as though a bit more is hanging off.

Latest posts

Back