Just racked my 1st (actually 2nd) batch to secondary...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brobeman

Reaction score
Other than a few canned kits back in 1993 I've not made any homebrews. I took a long (and very expensive) detour down the wine road but thanks to a buddy who makes his living peddling beers, I've signed on as a full time hop-head.

Started with NB's Surly Furious kit two weeks ago (IG of 1.064, now sitting at 1.012) that is still in primary, then moved on to NB's Petite Saison D'ete. Just moved the Petite to secondary in preperation for moving the Furious into a secondary bucket. With 8 ounces of dry hops I decided against trying to fish the bags out of a carboy.

The Saison final gravity sample is delicious! I can't wait for it to mellow a little and get carbonated. This was a VERY easy and quick kit. Started out at an IG of 1.041 on 2/18 and bottomed out at 1.06 over the last few days. Better than I'd hoped for at 4.59% and I'll have it carbed and ready to go within a week, thanks to a Craigslist kegerator and 3 Corny Kegs.

I've also got a Morebeer.com Pliny extract kit that's 7 days into primary and smells fantastic. I really can't wait to try this one and plan on using the Saison to hold me over.

I though this hobby would save me money, but I'm 3 weeks and well over $1000 in. Someone should warn people like me about hobbies like this.

A sincere thanks to all those who post here. I've picked up an awful lot in a very short time. Next up, all grain.

Prost!

Brobeman

Latest posts

Back