Just ordered from keg connection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00t

Reaction score
I just decided to take the plunge into kegging! :) Kinda sick of bottling and I've got 15 gallons fermenting right now and am going to brew up 5gal tomorrow and 5gal on sat then 5 more the friday after that, so of course I'm kicking myself for not ordering more kegs ;) but I guess thats the norm, right... always wanting more kegs.... Oh yeah and I really don't know what I'm doing but have been reading on here to get at least the beginning of a clue. If anyone has any great advice/tips or tricks please let me know! I don't really have any questions but I'm just excited about my purchase :ban:
Oh yeah and I plan on using the "we don't need no stinking beer gun" technique for filling bottles thats on this site to fill about a 12pack of beer per batch... And I guess I'll be on here in about a week bugging people with force carbonation questions :cross:
!BvWvc(gBWk~$(KGrHqIOKkQEwODCfvCLBMEP-iH8w!~~_12.JPG

I was looking at keg connection's Black Friday deals. It has dual towers on sale but should I go with the Perlick 525ss or the 575ss Creamer Faucets? The price is only a few bucks more but what is the true difference?

Just got mine!!

GET SOME KEG LUBE AND LUBE THE PHUCK OUT OF ALL PIN LOCK CONNECTIONS.

trust me.

Tighten the little red cap on top of the "gas in" connectors........with that sale, you did get more than 1 didn't you?;)

Their customer service is pretty fantastic. I got 3 kegs with their last sale, all connections, 5 lb CO2. $234

I just ordered a kit today. The sale is 10% on most stuff. I walked away with this kit, the perlick 525ss faucets and a cleaning kit for $278. I completely brain farted and forgot to get the lubricant. They have been great to deal with so far.

Wait is the sale today (black Friday) or Monday? This is the exact kit I was going to order but not sure if I should hold of untill moday or order now.

Someone tell me!!!1!

I ordered a 2 tap Perlick stainless kit as well. Except I'm now realizing that my 24.5" tall fridge may pose somewhat of an issue.

I was looking at keg connection's Black Friday deals. It has dual towers on sale but should I go with the Perlick 525ss or the 575ss Creamer Faucets? The price is only a few bucks more but what is the true difference?

I thought creamers worked better for stouts or maybe that they were better for Nitro setups. If it were me I would go for the Perlicks. You should calll and ask if you can get one of each. I here they are awesome guys and give EXCELLENT customer service. Worth a shot to ask.

^
WOOOO0O0OOOT!!!1! Just waiting for SWMBO to get home to tell her the good news. Then Bam I am part of the kegging cool kid club.

I already have 1 575ss and I just ordered 2 more. Not that I use the creamer feature all the time, but I like having the option. Can't go wrong with either though!

Thanks for the info guys. I'll be picking up several "B" grade kegs and my first Perlicks. So tired of the taps sticking after a few weeks of non-use. (My fault for not keep them busy)

jezuz... creamers and perlick tap faucets??? My learning curve dropped off well before then.............

Just placed order for my first kegging setup! Got 8 pin lock kegs from a friend over the weekend, then ordered a couple of Perlick creamer faucets and all connections, gaskets, and a four gauge c02 regulator, plus a Nitrogen regulator from Keg Connection. Took advantage of Cyber Monday sale. Talked to the guy on the phone about connecting a tap tower a buddy gave me. He was very helpful and pleasant. Buying the gas bottles from a local fire equipment company that has real nice prices on new and reconditioned bottles. I'm particularly excited about the Nitrogen/Stout setup. Still need to buy stout faucet.

man, I cannot tell you guys how glad I am that I finally got around to kegging.. sooo much easier than bottling. I haven't mastered Beirmunchers WDNNSBG method of bottling but hell, I'll probably get a beer gun or counter-pressure filler... So nice being out of college and having a job... you know so I can sink more cash into this hobby :)
BUT I love kegging over bottling.. makes it so much less of a hassle, if anyone is on the fence about it, jump off cuz it's great

Almost there Sh00t! Gotta choose a chest freezer now. Leaning towards 9 cu.ft, but bigger would be so much nicer. Me and my brother could probably carry the empty freezer out of the basement to put out on the deck in the Spring, but I'm not so sure if I go bigger than 9 ft. Decisions, decisions!!! I hear ya about finally having a job after college. Glad you found one!

Back