Just need to vent

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nesbit6363

Reaction score
So this morning I was going to switch my airlock over too my CO2 harvester set up so I can cold crash later , long story short I pushed my rubber stopper in the beer on my brew bucket. I think it will be ok it was sanitized when I brewed the beer 3 days ago. Luckily I had another stopper. Next time I won’t leave the stopper in when I’m messing around with a airlock or anything like that.

I can't count how many times the stopper has dropped into the carboy. I believe at one point I had two of them in there. Fortunately they are cheap and I have backups.

It was on a SSbrewtech brew bucket so it’s just the little rubber plug. It was the first time using it and that style of stopper. I’ve learned to always have back up parts especially the cheap stuff.

Same happened to me one time. I did not have a backup. I tried wrapping a rubber band around the airlock and sticking it in. That kinda worked. I ended up securing the airlock in there with a wad of plumber's putty.

get the proper size stopper that wont fit through the hole?

there are half sizes

I happened to have a little bit bigger one that won’t go all the way through. I think I might end up putting a 1.5” tc on the lid so I can put different fittings on top, blowoff, closed chamfers, etc. it also will allow me to dry hop without removing the whole lid.

Latest posts

Back