Just me?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bakeup

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does everyone like looking at the recipe of what they are drinking while they drink it? :mug:

hahaha, I do it too! I like to see if I can recognize the flavors from the recipe. Sure, I'm probably tricking myself that I can really tell each flavor in the beer, but it's still fun.

Drinking Founder's Porter right now, and wanted to know how much chocolate malt was used. It tastes much more chocolaty than the porter's I've made.

I do enjoy Founder's Porter. The porter's I've made have only had a few ounces of chocolate malt. I might try going with about a half pound of chocolate next time?

I like to drink a beer and look at it's recipe... the other way around seems to put the less important part first. Maybe I'm a bit silly here.. beer good.. brewing and drinking up the rest of my first keg tonight :)

Xaphoeous said:
I do enjoy Founder's Porter. The porter's I've made have only had a few ounces of chocolate malt. I might try going with about a half pound of chocolate next time?

Founders for a 5 gal batch has 1.25 lb of chocolate.

Are you talking about your homebrew recipe, or the recipe for a commercial beer? If it's a new beer I tend look at something online while I'd drinking it, either the brewery website if it has a lot of info, the bjcp info on the style, or beer advocate's reviews of the beer, or a beer blog that might come up on google. Whenever I'm trying a new beer, the first thing I do is go to the google to see what's out there. New brewers/beer geeks often ask how you learn about different ingredients, beers and styles and find that is the best way, read and drink...look for what they writers are talking about, try to isolate the ingrdients in there.

In fact I have a buddy who has his bjcp test a week from today, and we were at Drgaonmead last night, and that was exactly what he was doing as he was drinking it. Going through his class binder.

It was from a recipe on here that the person got from emailing Founders.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using Home Brew Talk

Latest posts

Back