Just had to try it!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horseshoot

Reaction score
Even tho my Brown Ale is very "green" (only 1 week in the bottles) I just HAD to try it today. I have not brewed for at least 10 years, and have been very excited about this batch. I chilled it to about 45 F first. It had a nice "pffft" when opened, and when poured produced a lovely head, with fantastic lacing. It smelled lovely, and was exceptionally clear. I was very surprised! It had a nice malty flavor, with a really nice hoppy bite (tho very mild) but almost no hop aroma. Overall, I found it to be delicious! I had my Mom take a sip, and she immediately said: "Can I drink one?" Again, I was surprised, as she is NOT a beer drinker! I finally decided that she could have one. So I chilled 2 more, and we each had one after dinner.

I am going to do my best to make sure that I wait 2 more weeks before sampling more. I told Mom that I counted them, so she better stay out of them. Luckily, my wife and daughter do not drink at all. Plus, I have a homemade root beer kegged for them, and it is almost carbed.

This is so much fun!

Mike

Latest posts

Back